Ford Fusion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I spent a good 4 - 5 hours this morning driving in a Fusion down to the US border and back.

I have to say I absolutely love the Fusion and find the 4 cyl more than peppy enough. It just rolls along so smoothly and effortlessly on the highway.

I may pickup one of these once I get to Texas... and dump the old Neon. The Neon isn't bad but it is no Fusion.
lol.gif

Originally Posted By: Paul56
I spent a good 4 - 5 hours this morning driving in a Fusion down to the US border and back.

I have to say I absolutely love the Fusion and find the 4 cyl more than peppy enough. It just rolls along so smoothly and effortlessly on the highway.

I may pickup one of these once I get to Texas... and dump the old Neon. The Neon isn't bad but it is no Fusion.
lol.gif

I know they are just awesome. The fusion is great, and if you liked it you might like the Malibu too, I'd take a look it. They are both top notch cars. When would you be looking to purchase?

Also take a look at the Mazda 6 clone. Much better styling IMO. Same nice 4 cyl. I hear good things about the 2.5L from the newer Escape owners. But I am waiting for a look at the new generation Focus. Can't stand the Mazda 3 smiling face. The 6 not so bad.

My 07 is great. Good mileage, handling, lots of front and back seat room, very good hyw car.

As a Mazda fan, don't fall for the Mazda6 being a Fusion clone. That used to be close to the truth but it ain't so much anymore. The mazda is a drivers car but it can't compete with the fusion on the practical level. The transmissions in the Mazda (especially the 6i) keep it from being a realistic competitor to the Fusion due to the significantly worse MPGs.

Originally Posted By: badtlc
As a Mazda fan, don't fall for the Mazda6 being a Fusion clone. That used to be close to the truth but it ain't so much anymore. The mazda is a drivers car but it can't compete with the fusion on the practical level. The transmissions in the Mazda (especially the 6i) keep it from being a realistic competitor to the Fusion due to the significantly worse MPGs.

Actually, the quality differences (and complaints) between the two models prevent the Mazda 6 from competing on a practical level. So they are far from clones. Check out Consumers Reports repair history. You would have to "beat the bushes long and hard" to find a dissatisfied Fusion owner. I convinced my sister to "give it a look," as a replacement for her aging, no heat, no air conditioning, '98 Oldsmobile Intrigue. She bought a 2010, 4 cylinder Fusion SE. After the first 5,000 miles, she is still raving about how much a "drivers car this is." Zero problems, or reasons to return it to the dealer.

I was just reading today's USA Today Automobile Test Drive question and answer column by James Healy. Monday, they are publishing a $25K family Sedan shootout. He is finding that in recent years, Honda's interior refinement quality and overall refinement quality, has slipped, and is is not what it was. So picking the Fusion would be a no brainer.

Originally Posted By: Best F100

Actually, the quality differences (and complaints) between the two models prevent the Mazda 6 from competing on a practical level. So they are far from clones. Check out Consumers Reports repair history. You would have to "beat the bushes long and hard" to find a dissatisfied Fusion owner. I convinced my sister to "give it a look," as a replacement for her aging, no heat, no air conditioning, '98 Oldsmobile Intrigue. She bought a 2010, 4 cylinder Fusion SE. After the first 5,000 miles, she is still raving about how much a "drivers car this is." Zero problems, or reasons to return it to the dealer.

Not sure what you are basing the comments about the Mazda on. Mazda consistently ranks in the top10 in quality and reliability. The mazda6 has very high customer satisfaction and rates above average on reliability. My 2007 has 60,000 and hasn't been to the shop once for a repair of any kind.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back