Ford edge 2.0 noise after oil change??

zogg

Apparently holding the gas pedal to the floor shuts off the fuel. So, I’ll do that next oil change and spin the engine 10 seconds at a time (so as to not overheat the starter) until the oil pressure builds up (hopefully).

I assume the starter can handle it since it’s got the “stop start” technology. However, I did install the stop-start over ride module to shut that stupid thing off permanently.

If this only happens during an oil change, all you have to do is pull the spark plugs and spin the engine over with the fuel pump relay removed until the oil light goes out. Pulling the spark plugs is just to make it easier on the starter.
Why even bother doing that? Nearly every car these days has a “flood mode” where if you hold the pedal to the floor prior to/during cranking, it shuts off the fuel. Accomplishes same thing.

My ‘05 Outback tank purge valve went bad and if I filled the tank too full it would flood the engine through the vent line. Simply held the pedal to the floor, cranked it till it started, and was on my way.

The filter is not inverted. It screws in from the bottom and I always refill it prior to removing the old one.
I have been cautioning folks about prefilling oil filters. Its creates an impediment to the pump, a big slug of oil in between the pump and the main gallery, with oil wetting the filter paper makes it harder to evacuate air from the system. You can 1/3 prefill if you wish but I would NOT do anymore than that. What you are doing is clearly not working. But you may have other issues, possibly debris in the drill near the pressure sender. OIl pressure light should be out in 3 seconds MAX. I would never run Mobil AFE 0W30, but that is another discussion.

Are you sure this is not a combi level AND pressure light?

That's not normal. I'm on my 3rd 2.0 EB, and have never had an issue. I use MC filter (or better), and change every 5k miles or less.