Ford an american company

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now you know you shouldn't go bashing good ol' Ford or GM here.

Now's you gonna hear it!!!!111

Am I rite?

Just like all big companies, ford and gm have YOUR best interest at heart.

I wonder who they think will buy their 30K cars when we are all selling burgers to each other.

Dan

What argument people will have over my statement, when Ford fires 30000 workers, just to replace them with cheaper ones in Mexico, if you read it it also states that Ford is going to use more of Mexican made parts over US made parts. Plus some of the engeniering jobs are going south of the boarder.

"What argument people will have over my statement, when Ford fires 30000 workers, just to replace them with cheaper ones in Mexico, if you read it it also states that Ford is going to use more of Mexican made parts over US made parts. Plus some of the engeniering jobs are going south of the boarder. "

if people quit buying your products because they were junk you would have to take some drastic measures to stay in business by cutting costs too... simple as that, really.

There are no American cars anymore. I think original Saturn car was the last "American" vehicle made & produced here.

Isn't 1 out of every 7 jobs related to the automotive business? What happens when that number gets to be 1 out of every 70? How do we re-deploy THAT many people to other fields of employment??

"Isn't 1 out of every 7 jobs related to the automotive business? What happens when that number gets to be 1 out of every 70? How do we re-deploy THAT many people to other fields of employment"

We will not re-deploy that many people to other fields. How many McDonnalds can you have on one city block?
The economy will be destroyed.

Computers.
More and more computer-savvy people needed every day.
Of course, getting re-educated takes some initiative and is not always easy, but like the 10's of 1000's of aerospace engineers from the 1950's, people have always had to adjust.

Time to quit crying about it and do something.

Scott

Last time I cheked good computer jobs leaving to India and China. How about Oracle, Sun, and so on. They opening up huge centers in India, China and cut work force in USA. I can maintaine your computer network very easy from India. This is an example

quote:

Originally posted by ScottB:
Computers.
More and more computer-savvy people needed every day.
Of course, getting re-educated takes some initiative and is not always easy, but like the 10's of 1000's of aerospace engineers from the 1950's, people have always had to adjust.

Time to quit crying about it and do something.

Scott

Yeah, sure. That's what we were told by the feds, the economists, the employment experts, etc., when we were losing all our manufacturing jobs. They told us the job losers should retrain in the computers field and similar electronics fields. So a lot of them did. And look what's happened. The companies are now transferring THOSE jobs overseas, especially to India and other Asian nations, so that the work can be done by cheap labor. Its a world economy now and the U.S. employers couldn't care less about their U.S. employees. More and more jobs in more and more fields are being transferred overseas. At the same time there's a concerted effort to weaken the job security, pension benefits, health insurance benefits, workers' compensation benefits, salaries, and labor unions, of American workers. People better wake up. The goal is to lower the salary and benefits standards of the American workers as much as possibile to those of the third world.

No guys, some good but many *hitty computer jobs have/are leaving.
Only phone-support jobs and programming jobs have left - none of the support jobs have (maybe a tiny number) because they require one to be on-sight.
There's other things too - why not go to a two-year college and become a paralegal? A nurse? There are plenty of jobs there - maybe not the ones we would consider our first choice, but jobs nonetheless.
I am in the computing field, and if I lose my job, I'll have to do it.
It *ucks, but what are we going to do?
Our government on both sides of the political spectrum has sold us out - it's basically every man for him/herself now.

Scott

if you retrain in computers make it hardware/industrial stuff.
no idiot in india is gonna reach through the phone and lay hands on a blown up server or a dead plc in a machine.i am in this line of work mainly repairing what cannot be replaced or really expensive custom hardware.i always have more work than i can get done in a week.as far as software training go linux.market is saturated with folks that bet the farm on microsoft training.
dime a dozen.

Is this the first you've heard that Ford makes parts in Mexico? that has been going on for decades. Why don't you complain about the cars made in Canada?

I'm with kc8adu, I do facilities/industrial maintenance, my plan for the next decade is to immerse myself in robotics, PLCs and industrial controls. If you are afraid of your job going over the border, just wait until robots take the jobs from humans. a plant full of 1500 humans could be replaced with robots and 20 humans running the place. where would anyone work after that?

i do, but not as much because people in Canada tend to buy US made products too.

As far as PLC, robotics and industrial controlls it is only here temperary. If Industries move out, why do you need so many PLC and robotics specialiests around place which has so little industries left?

Back on the original subject. I would buy a car assembled in the US. At least you know an American is getting paid and spending it in the country.Plus paying taxes and supporting the local economy.

quote:

As far as PLC, robotics and industrial controlls it is only here temperary. If Industries move out, why do you need so many PLC and robotics specialiests around place which has so little industries left

I was in the robotic industry (semiconductor) in the past and this is never a problem. We just sell to Japan, China, Taiwan, Europe, etc. That should be our focus because it "steal" the $hitty jobs that they "stole" from us in manufacturing back to the US.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back