Ford 7.3 Godzilla Engine

Stump puller, would look bada$$ in a classic Ford F 150.
thumbsup2.gif

Originally Posted by 4WD
The new motor home gasser ?

I think so. If it can keep or improve the same power level of the V10 with even a 1mpg increase it will be worth it.

Originally Posted by jhellwig
Originally Posted by OilReport99
Does that run on XW-30?

No. It runs on gasoline.

Thanks, Albert!

Originally Posted by nascarnation
It's great that Ford realized gas trucks don't need the expensive DOHC and turbos and copy the LS design.
Performance per dollar is hard to beat.
I noticed the UPS delivery trucks around here have dumped the Cummins B diesel in favor of gas LS motors.

Gas is cheap and the salary of an in house diesel mechanic is not. They know this and ford reacted with what I consider a smart offering. Not to mention it will make its way into the booming RV market to replace the v10. I cant tell you how many amazon diesel sprinters I see broken down on the side of the road.

BTW, my UPS driver is still rolling with a manual Cummins. He can row gears with the best of them too.

It's great that Ford realized gas trucks don't need the expensive DOHC and turbos and copy the LS design.
I noticed the UPS delivery trucks around here have dumped the Cummins B diesel in favor of gas LS motors.

They didn't copy the LS design. Do some research where the "LS design" originated from.

Originally Posted by PowerSurge

They didn't copy the LS design. Do some research where the "LS design" originated from.

Every Ford guy says the LSx is based on the SBF, But the SBF shared alot in common with the Cadillac 472/500 engines......Even the vaunted 351W/HO 302 firing order was first used by Cadillac.

Not that I dislike Ford & think they did real well with the Modular engines except for the 3V issues that pop-up. This may sound weird.......But I'd rather swap engines on Ford trucks than GM or Ram trucks! The cab is stupid easy to raise & makes the physical size of the engine not matter.

Originally Posted by clinebarger
Originally Posted by PowerSurge

Every Ford guy says the LSx is based on the SBF, But the SBF shared alot in common with the Cadillac 472/500 engines......Even the vaunted 351W/HO 302 firing order was first used by Cadillac.

Not that I dislike Ford & think they did real well with the Modular engines except for the 3V issues that pop-up. This may sound weird.......But I'd rather swap engines on Ford trucks than GM or Ram trucks! The cab is stupid easy to raise & makes the physical size of the engine not matter.

I'm not a Ford guy. I've have/had them all. Look at the 351W and LS heads. It's ridiculous every time someone comes out with a pushrod engine it's suddenly a copy of an LS engine.

Back