Ford 7.3 Godzilla Engine

All that for 10 large?
sick.gif

LS motor all day long & twice on Sunday

its a heavy duty iron block, not so great for hot rod.. would be nice in a resto truck maybe.

Originally Posted by stevejones
All that for 10 large?
sick.gif

Go back and re-read the article, It's $8150

Originally Posted by PowerSurge
All that for 10 large?
sick.gif

All that for 10 large?
sick.gif

If thats not including taxes and shipping , your pushing $10000

It's great that Ford realized gas trucks don't need the expensive DOHC and turbos and copy the LS design.
Performance per dollar is hard to beat.
I noticed the UPS delivery trucks around here have dumped the Cummins B diesel in favor of gas LS motors.

This is the only engine currently made by Ford I like. Simple and powerful, imo it will probably outlast all their other offerings when it comes to longevity

Seems like it's well engineered for truck use. It's 50 foot pounds up on an LS3, right where you need it too in the low and mid range. You'd have to step up to an LS7 at $15K to nearly match the torque output.

Originally Posted by hemitom
All that for 10 large?
sick.gif

All that for 10 large?
sick.gif

If thats not including taxes and shipping , your pushing $10000

You're not pushing 10k with tax and shipping. Get real. Not to mention, we're talking price of the engine, which is $8150.

Originally Posted by Cujet
Seems like it's well engineered for truck use. It's 50 foot pounds up on an LS3, right where you need it too in the low and mid range. You'd have to step up to an LS7 at $15K to nearly match the torque output.

Exactly.

Originally Posted by CR94
How does its peak BSFC compare?

I think Ford claims better BSFC numbers under modest load with that engine than the 6.8L V10 it replaces. They picked the displacement, compression ratio and configuration for just that reason. However, I don't expect any earth shattering BSFC numbers.

Originally Posted by Cujet
Originally Posted by CR94
How does its peak BSFC compare?
I think Ford claims better BSFC numbers under modest load with that engine than the 6.8L V10 it replaces. ... I don't expect any earth shattering BSFC numbers.
Indubitably. The V10 can't be great on that front. Versus the EcoBoost 3.5 or GM offerings would be interesting.

Thanx

Back