For those of you who use Royal Purple: Cost factor?

Status
Not open for further replies.
" ... the 5 gallon container. I just picked up another for $156."

So, $31.20 for 1 gallon, or 4 quarts of oil? That's $7.80 per quart.

Does this price include tax? For that price range, I'd prefer Red Line from myoilshop.com.

In the lower price range of $5 per quart, I'd stick with Mobil 1. RP has posted some good results lately, but Mobil 1 seems more consistent ... especially it's weight/degree of thinning.

But, for moderate drains not exceeding 4,500 miles or so, I'd prefer to go with Schaeffer's blend at $3 per quart.
wink.gif

---- Bror Jace

Bror - I am doing 6K OCIs on the Schaeffers, that is in a Toyota 3.4 with heavy short trip driving. Some have seen my UOAs and recommended even longer....

Edit: To be fair I have to add that I am also running the 3 oz. Auto-RX dose.

[ March 26, 2004, 11:56 AM: Message edited by: TooManyWheels ]

I loved the way RP ran in my engine for the first 1000 miles or so. But it thinned out and eventualy made the motor feel and sound very metallic. Like the way M1 5w-30 does right out of the bottle.

I'm at he point where I want to buy oil for my next change. And what I want is a oil that acts like RP when cold new and like GC when warm.

quote:

Originally posted by Bror Jace:
" ... the 5 gallon container. I just picked up another for $156."

So, $31.20 for 1 gallon, or 4 quarts of oil? That's $7.80 per quart.

Does this price include tax? For that price range, I'd prefer Red Line from myoilshop.com.

---- Bror Jace

That was shipped to the door. I can't seem to find it any cheaper. I paid $130 for the last two, but can't find it for that anymore.

Anyone know where to get RP Racing oils for cheap?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back