Foam cannon recommendations please

I’m wanting to buy a foam cannon to use with my Simpson pressure washer. I’ve watched a bunch of comparison videos and they never seem to agree. What do you guys recommend? I’d like something that prod thick foam. Thanks in advance!

I own this and very much dislike it. The black finish inside the body flakes off and plugs up the pill. Also overall it needs a pill every year regardless if you flush it or not......

I've watched the detailing videos where they use foam cannons, but don't get the appeal. It looks cool and all with the car covered in foam, but around here, half the foam would dry up before you could wipe and rinse it off. I prefer the bucket and wash mitt so I can do one or two panels at a time and use a detail brush on moldings and emblems.

I've watched the detailing videos where they use foam cannons, but don't get the appeal. It looks cool and all with the car covered in foam, but around here, half the foam would dry up before you could wipe and rinse it off. I prefer the bucket and wash mitt so I can do one or two panels at a time and use a detail brush on moldings and emblems.
I use the automatic car wash. $8.00 and the clean is good enough.

Picked up a Harbor Freight foam cannon today, good reviews on YT, will try it out tomorrow. ;)
1665873781188.jpg

the 20 buck amazon ones work great been using mine for years weekly from April-October no issues at all...

The money you invest into foamers are basically the quality of the fittings and ease of use. Everything else is basically what type of soap you are using.

Find the cheapest wide mouth foamer, and then use a quality soap and you should be golden

I own this and very much dislike it. The black finish inside the body flakes off and plugs up the pill. Also overall it needs a pill every year regardless if you flush it or not......

That is my foam cannon. It is installed with a 1.1 mm jet but comes with a 1.25 mm jet. FYI the 1.1 mm is better for a lower pressure electric pressure washer. Yes… I just cleaned the foam maker “pill” with baking soda. I am now storing the cannon with the nozzle up and the bottle off to drain the foam maker. So far this is my second cannon and I like it despite having to clean the pill. I like the wide mouth also has another screw on fitting for a soda bottle. The suction tube is weighted and very flexible.

Last edited:
I have a cheapie: ttps://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B07CGG67PY/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Works GREAT. Not one problem.

Car. House. Concrete. All sorts of solutions. It actually is very conservative with the soap use.

Use a cheapie and it works great. Trick is the soap and how you fill it. I use Meguire's Hyper Wash (D110). Fill the foam lance first with hot water then put in about a shot glass worth of soap. Creates great foam.

No regrets with the MTM system. Love the short gun so much more than a wand too.

MTM Hydro Magnum 28 PF22.2 Foam Cannon Snub Kit Gun, Pressure Washer Car Wash Sprayer Gun, High Pressure Foam Power Washer Attachment, Foam Lance for Boat, Roof, Car Washing, Adjustable Nozzle https://a.co/d/fP33egC

Picked up a Harbor Freight foam cannon today, good reviews on YT, will try it out tomorrow. ;)
View attachment 121362
This HF cannon worked great, washed my truck yesterday and it put out thick foam, I use Meguiars Gold Class Shampoo, like the wide base and mouth, thinking of getting another one for my ceramic spray rinses. ;)

Back