foam cannon for inexpensive pressure washer

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just bought a 10 amp 1400? psi electric pressure washer. It has been suggested I buy a "foam cannon" to work with that. I'm not sure how foaming the engine (primary goal to clean engine) or the car does any cleaning, but I'll try it if not too expensive, I guess with special foam cannon soap? e-bay or Amazon (I've got prime) reasonable $25??. Thoughts, comments? It already comes with an inline soap tank but haven't figured how to clip it on. Thanks!

I'm not a huge believer in foam cannons myself. I just don't bother but you can pick up a cheap foam gun that can connect to your compressor for about $15-$20 on Amazon.

For cleaning a motor I would personally use something along the line of purple power. Its a pretty decent degreaser. However if you want foam then try "Chemical Guy's citrus wash and gloss". The soap is pretty strong and can strip wax fairly easy so oil shouldn't give it any problems. It's normally $11-$15 on Amazon but for a little more you can get the gallon sized jug which is a better value.

I've only cleaned my engine bay once and I let it dry out in the Mississippi sun all day long with the hood open. I didn't have and problems but you should be careful with where you at the pressure washer at.

Also that soap while I'm sure it will foam up I don't know how well it will be. I just have a inline adaptor in my house and I just put the soap in that then spray it down and rise with the pressure washer.

Last edited:
I like Chemical Guy's HoneyDew snow foam. I normally foam the car, hit it with with my mitt to agitate, and rinse. Then I wash the wheels/tires separately and the car is clean. Griot's car wash foams pretty good, but at those concentrations it's a bit tougher on wax.

A foaming soap allows the product to have more dwell time to help break up any crud. Works for paint, engine, everything. Remember Srubbing Bubbles? Same principle.

I use a Chinesium foam cannon from Amazon. Think it was $25 or so.

x2 on the Chinese foam lances. Check eBay too if Amazon doesn't have the exact one you need.

For engine cleaning, get Gunk engine cleaner, follow the directions on that. Pretty much apply to a cool engine, let stand 15 mins then rinse off. Just be careful around the coil packs (if you have them). Don't flood any one area, with a pressure washer, hold the nozzle back about a foot from anything you're aiming at. The stream will be more gentle and will put less water into the engine.

Originally Posted By: dlundblad
Is there such a thing as a foam cannon that does not need a pressure washer?

Yes but they don't work as well.

Originally Posted By: rooflessVW
Originally Posted By: dlundblad
Is there such a thing as a foam cannon that does not need a pressure washer?

Yes but they don't work as well.

I was afraid of that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back