Highest gloss interior dressing for hard plastics?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm on the search for the best interior dressing for those interior hard plastics. I've always used leather conditioner for the soft touch type interior plastics which works perfectly,but it seems anything applied to the hard plastics only streaks and looks horrible. The dealership that prepped my car used something that looks amazing,and still does. I just want to find an equally good product to maintain that look. I love the high gloss shiny look. I'm guessing I need something thick that "coats" the surface vs the thinner ones that are designed to penetrate and be absorbed.

Thanks in advance!

I'm not a fan of something super shiny - I prefer more of a satin finish. I have found Aerospace 303 to be the best product for me. It goes on easy, provides a terrific finish, and lasts a long time.

A gallon can be had for about $40-45, and last a LONG time. 16-oz spray bottle is $9.08 on Amazon right now, Prime.

I would ask the dealer. Their detail department shouldn't mind saying. Don't be surprised if it is a brand you have never heard of. I think ours uses a brand called Auto Magic.

Shiny interior surfaces tend to reflect on the interior glass which poses a distraction. Most interior dressings will provide a matte or a satin finish at the most.

Originally Posted By: Ethan1
Mop & Glo

Haha I remember that stuff from when I was a kid
laugh.gif

Originally Posted By: PimTac
Shiny interior surfaces tend to reflect on the interior glass which poses a distraction. Most interior dressings will provide a matte or a satin finish at the most.
Shiny plastic looks cheap to me.

Originally Posted By: aquariuscsm
I'm on the search for the best interior dressing for those interior hard plastics.

Shiny != best (assuming you define "best" to include things like provide UV protection, repel dust & fingerprints, not cause outgassing, etc)

Originally Posted By: bdcardinal
I would ask the dealer. Their detail department shouldn't mind saying. Don't be surprised if it is a brand you have never heard of. I think ours uses a brand called Auto Magic.

+1 I would ask them what they use. Usually it is something in bulk from a distributor. Either way if you want to recreate the results from the detailer you are better of using their products. Most bulk brands are starting to produce smaller versions of it for consumers. Worth looking into online

I really like Turtle wax Detailer.

It's made to spray on exterior, but it can go on any plastic or exterior windshield even.

I think they sell interior detailer, but I'm pretty sure they are approx the same thing.

I even bought 3M spray wax, but it is white like real wax.

The turtle detailer is great for washing the car like one does a window, just wash the car first, and hit it with detailer and microfiber.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back