Flush Rad. / New hoses 2006 Honda Ridgeline

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,

I've got a Jan 2005 MFG date 2006 Honda Ridgeline (they are all the same chassis).

I've got about 51k miles on it, I've had it about 2 years, bought it with 9k miles on it. Quite obvious it was either never driven (in-service date was Mar 2005) or a person in the military had it. 8800 miles in ~18-20 months 450 miles a month.

Anyway, the truck is nearing 5 years old. While I have changed the fluids at least once, I haven't touched the coolant/hoses/thermostat. Would you look at doing this in the near future, despite Honda's "OK" to go 100K miles or so? I'm thinking about at least doing the hoses, but with that mess, you might as well try to do a flush-n-fill.

I would do the coolant using only Honda OE coolant because I am afraid to trust OE coolant, given what I have experienced in a variety of cars.

The hoses I would leave alone. I have not seen a Honda with less than 9 years on it need hoses.

I don't know where Honda gets their hoses, because the Gates replacement hoses that repair shops use seem to last about 4 or 5 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back