flu vaccination

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please read "Deadly Immunity" by Robert F. Kennedy Jr. and you might have a different opinion about vaccinations and the honesty of the CDC and other government agencies when it comes to this issue.

The shots are free at my place of employment. So why not? I don't think I've actually had the "flu" for many years. Shots help? Who knows? I tend to think the science says yes.

I suppose we could jump on the Darwin cull the crowd theory, but really I'll wait for a worse disease. Or an Asteroid.

Quote:

Now people confuse vaccines and antibiotics.
laugh.gif

No confusion, more antibiotics your give to animals, more their meat destroys your immune system. In addition people are taking antibiotics themselves, when necessary and unnecessary, and often without even checking their personal sensivity to this or that antibiotic and whether it works or useless. And became weaker the immune system cannot fight against diseases.

The Air Force gave me shots for everything for 10 years. I haven't had any for 3 years and haven't gotten anything more then a cold and a ear infection.

I've had vaccines for stuff much more controversial then the flu, zero health issues from them.

Quote:

Quote:

Now people confuse vaccines and antibiotics.
laugh.gif

No confusion, more antibiotics your give to animals, more their meat destroys your immune system. In addition people are taking antibiotics themselves, when necessary and unnecessary, and often without even checking their personal sensivity to this or that antibiotic and whether it works or useless. And became weaker the immune system cannot fight against diseases.

I don't dispute antibiotic resistance, which is of course a huge problem. In fact, getting the flu shot ensures that I will not have to take an antibiotic. If I don't get the flu I won't get a bronchitis which usually requires an antibiotic in my case. I never get a cold or any infection other than a flu followed by a bronchitis. This was however not the topic of this thread.

A flu can be a very serious illness for many. Look up the number of people the flu kills every year. While you may ride out a flu comfortably, you may well or even likely infect people who will become seriously ill. But maybe that's their own fault and the world is better off without those weaklings anyway? As for your breeding comment, I think that's cynical and a "brown" comment, if you know what I mean. I don't have to start talking about strangling the weakest of the litter at birth, do I?
mad.gif

As for those who fear mercury poisoning or long-term effects of MODERN vaccines, don't be ridiculous, folks. Skip a fish stick or if you are really worried ask your doctor for a thimerosal-free vaccine, which is available for children and pregnant women anyway.

The following is just a general comment, not directed particularly at you:

More and more often I feel that I'm dealing with folks from the Dark Ages. With all the information available to anyone today, I really wonder how some folks succeed in almost exclusively cherry-picking half-truths and outright misinformation. Then there are those who just go with homespun theories based on nothing but opinion, hearsay and their own fears and prejudice.

tombstone.gif

"With all the information available to anyone today, I really wonder how some folks succeed in almost exclusively cherry-picking half-truths and outright misinformation."
========================================================================

Hey mori, if it works, you've got to go with it.

Big + 1 to everything that Mike said above. Ask human biologists what they think of most vaccines. Every professor and professional that I have spoke to about vaccines are totally against it for the majority of the population.

Now they do have a live vaccine out now that is a nasal spray. I might be willing to take that one. I will have to research that some more before I say yes or no.

That takes the cake. The utterly uniformed chiming in. The nasal spray has the LIVE flu virus and is considerably more likely to make you sick. You guys are a riot.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I'm stuck in the middle on the issue.

I vaccinate my dog for parvo, which was introduced to dogs through vaccinations bred on feline kidneys. Vaccines introduced SV40 into humans. I vaccinate the cat against all sorts of things, and recently (6 or 7 years ago) noted that the annual vaccine now includes Calicivirus, which was a "single species" virus introduced to the country to eliminate rabbits.

That the flu virus for the vaccine is grown on chicken proteins while we are still worrying about the bird flu does not instill me with confidence on the general use of that particular vaccine.

As I said, I'm in the middle on the issue. I won't take something with chicken proteins in it to ward off the flu. Chopped the tip of my finger off, and had a tetanus shot.

mori has a very sound reason for taking a flu shot, in that when he gets the flu, he ends up with a bacterial infection. That's serious, can be life threatening, and is Mori's choice to do or not to do as he sees fit.

Research all of the info out there, and make your own choices. Like you choose cars, travelling speeds, at risk behaviours, or levels of protection.

When my children were born, within the first hour they wanted to administer Hep B vaccine. We asked "does it contain mercury ?" answer "don't know, but it's only a tiny amount if any". Question "what about formaldehyde ?" answer "don't know, but if it's there, it's necessary, and only a small amount". Asked "why do we have to sterilise bottles and dummies (pacifiers) until they are 1 year old. answer "because they don't have an immune system, and are relying on passed on immunity from the mother and breast feeding until they can combat disease"

Didn't feel comfortable with that, so we opted out. When living in dorm accomodation with shared bathrooms and lord knows what, I had my Hep B shots.

I'll not be immunising my son against against HPV until he's at an age where he knowingly requests it.

Same as if/when he decides he's becoming a monk/priest/engineer/janitor.

Quote:

If I don't get the flu I won't get a bronchitis which usually requires an antibiotic in my case. I never get a cold or any infection other than a flu followed by a bronchitis.

Until 1974 I had bronchitis and a flu once ot twice a year. To this time brontichis became chronic, so the future was not bright. However, in 1974 I moved to another place where the climate was continental: cold and dry winters, warm and dry summers. During two years I had no a single desease even making ski or playing hockey at - 20C. And after even moving back for a long time I did not know what's a bronchitis or a flu. Now it happens from time to time, but in a weak form: 1-2 days the organism is struggling and then recovers. No pils, no antibiotics, the only medicine I can take is something for a throat. Besides our agriculture is different: we don't use much antibiotics in stock-breeding and poultry-keeping, as well as we have only a very limited share of GMO products. Think this also helps.

Quote:

A flu shot has about the same mercury as 50 cans of white tuna

You're bad at math:

1 gram (~1/30 oz) chunk white chunk tuna contains on average 52.7 micrograms of mercury. An adult dose standard flu vaccine contains 50 micrograms mercury. I'd quote my source but nobody else does.

I hope none of you showers or brushes your teeth with tap water, none drinks tap water, none breathes anything but purified air. Also, I hope none of you ever breaks a compact fluorescent lamp, because you'll be liberating 4-6 milligrams (not micrograms) of mercury each time.

I don't know if it's "You're bad at math:" or critical problem solving challenged.......
tongue.gif
wink.gif

Now perhaps we see the effects of too much Hg and Pb. 50 cans of tuna - I wish - I'd be eating more tuna!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back