Flooded OPE revival

I helped a old friends widow out by servicing her snowblower and mower that were underwater.
Tecumseh on the blower was a easy drain, flush and refill. I've worked on a few over the years. Cranked right up. Lubed up drive bearings and good to go.
1 yr. old Toro non propelled push mower had a B&S no oil change motor. First one I ever saw.
125 hr. compliance rated motor. *** a plastic carb ? Anyway 2 screws and bowl was off, flushed fuel system and did a oil change and it cranked up also.
I let them run a 1/2 hr to cook out any residual moisture and gave them my blessing.
I have to say even though that BS motor with the plastic carb looked like junk it is a one pull starting motor and fairly quiet also.
Full synth. lubricants used also.

They should be fine, especially because the engine blocks are aluminum. I've seen worse from equipment that sat outside in the rain for years and filled with water.

I've had pretty good luck! I had a bunch of stuff under water - including a Harbor Freight Titanium brand welder and for the most part everything came back around. I still need to clean the friction drive flywheel on the snowblower since it was submerged in oily water. Even the generator seemed to survive being under water!

Back