Fixer Upper 40s Chevy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Needs a little work
40sChev1a.jpg

That's impressively complete. Lots of hard to replace trim still on that car. Would be a good project for someone with the patience and skills....Widman? Where's Widman?

Except for the bumper and grill, the trim looks good so it must be stainless steel. Some tender loving car and a good polish job and it would look like new. Very similar to what Widman dod to the Aluminum trim on his Corvair.

Originally Posted By: asiancivicmaniac
Was this a police car at one point in its life? I see a spotlight. Does it run?

Sorry but I don't know the answer to your questions.

Originally Posted By: XS650
Spotlights were a common accessory in that era and up into the early 1950s.

I think model cars often had spotlights back in the 50s & 60s.. I think they may have been kind of like an ornament on some cars, like the '50 Merc, etc..

There's writing on the passenger windscreen. Either "for sale" or "not for sale". You have to put "not for sale" on these if you plan on fixing them up someday
smirk2.gif
because your doorbell otherwise won't stop ringing.

That car has just the right amount of patina. If it fell into my lap I'd get it running and some new tires and cruise the way it is.

There was a sign on the back, above the license plate that struck me funny. It said "Honk your horn, I'll move over". I guess it was no sleeper.
18.gif

Originally Posted By: Lurch
There was a sign on the back, above the license plate that struck me funny. It said "Honk your horn, I'll move over".
18.gif

I guess that means you didn't buy it.
shocked2.gif
grin2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back