Fisker filing for bankruptcy

Im not surprised either.

Nice looking car, really nice but look at the way we talk in here regarding these insane high prices. Typical families will spend less money on larger SUVs.
MOST ALL EVs are out of the price range of typical Americans for a limited use (in many cases) vehicle and to think companies were going to sell these things at these prices for small vehicles was a fantasy. They look great and all the wealthy have added some to their fleet while maintaining multiple gasoline vehicles.
Its common knowledge now, the enthusiasts now have their EVs and they support the market but mainstream America is not onboard so it is natural to hit a ceiling on sales, that ceiling is coming faster than the industry and press ever thought possible.

Overseas in the E/U postage stamp size countries the low cost EVs will be a big hit. Here in the affluent huge land mass of the USA people are not going to want to downsize to that type of vehicle and they cant afford the typical American luxury vehicle in EV form.

Last edited:
Explains a lot...

To be fair, he's become a corporate shill a long time ago. He had very good reviews worth watching way back in the day, and something to say, but now he's become an influencer that's in the pocket of every major corporation. I mean, he did very well for himself, but I quit watching his content a while ago because of that.

Explains a lot...
Marcus's review probably did not help the company.

Despite being 12 years old, I think the Karma is still a very nice looking car that has aged gracefully. Used prices are in the low to mid 20's.

I'd get one if the price is right, I can park it next to my unusable 2022 Toyota Mirai.

Marcus's review probably did not help the company.

Despite being 12 years old, I think the Karma is still a very nice looking car that has aged gracefully. Used prices are in the low to mid 20's.

I'd get one if the price is right, I can park it next to my unusable 2022 Toyota Mirai.

Its way too large, imo.

Probably not surprising since they never seemed to get much traction, but according the the WSJ Fisker is filing for bankruptcy.

Also surprising was Nissan is supposedly in talks for them to provide some sort of EV pickup truck? Seems crazy given Nissan's lack of capital currently also.

I wish Tesla would join suit. It's a bummer that they made it. They were six weeks out from bankruptcy.

Probably not surprising since they never seemed to get much traction, but according the the WSJ Fisker is filing for bankruptcy.

Also surprising was Nissan is supposedly in talks for them to provide some sort of EV pickup truck? Seems crazy given Nissan's lack of capital currently also.

How mmay vehicles did they deliver?

Hasn't it gone bankrupt like 5 times before? I swear it always comes back and goes into bankruptcy again.
They are too small and aiming for an industry that needs to be BIG to compete in. I think the smallest realistic US based EV would be Rivian with Ford's backing. The smallest one that may succeed in the long term in China would likely be NIO.

I do see Lucid and Polestar not making it in the long run due to the economy of scale. BYD would be fine as they are more of a technology company than consumer product company.

I don't think Foxxconn or VinFast can stay in EV for long at all either.

Hasn't it gone bankrupt like 5 times before? I swear it always comes back and goes into bankruptcy again.
Henrik Fiskar has a design and marketing background from my understanding. The original Fiskar looked cool but unfortunately engineers told Fiskar that they really needed an additional 6 months to work out issues and make it really ready. He already promised customers a delivery date and stuck to that. Had engineers had an additional six months the company might be on a very different path. It had decent reviews but too many issues out of the gate. Car and Driver and I think Road and Track both had their loaner break down while testing.

Back