Fish: how do you prepare it?

Try this;

gefiltefish.jpg

I like maple syrup blackened salmon on my charcoal Weber.

Maple Salmon
Ingredients
¼ cup maple syrup
2 tablespoons soy sauce
1 clove garlic, minced
¼ teaspoon garlic salt
⅛ teaspoon ground black pepper
1 pound salmon

Mix ingredients in a bowl and coat salmon. Let marinate for 4 hours. Grill as desired.

Just my $0.02

Attachments

• 9A3EA89E-B40F-4CBE-981F-D4FBDC7D050B.jpeg
    9A3EA89E-B40F-4CBE-981F-D4FBDC7D050B.jpeg
    240 KB · Views: 5
I like maple syrup blackened salmon on my charcoal Weber.

Maple Salmon
Ingredients
¼ cup maple syrup
2 tablespoons soy sauce
1 clove garlic, minced
¼ teaspoon garlic salt
⅛ teaspoon ground black pepper
1 pound salmon

Mix ingredients in a bowl and coat salmon. Let marinate for 4 hours. Grill as desired.

Just my $0.02
Man, my mouth is watering now

We just had a wild caught salmon filet cooked in the air fryer with Veri Veri Teriyaki sauce. Delicious. When I do trout I put it in foil with salt, pepper, garlic, lemon slices, butter, onions and white wine, then onto the grill. Bass or rock fish gets soaked in milk then an egg wash, breaded with a mixture of salt, pepper, bread crumbs, garlic powder and Parmesan cheese, then fried.

I bought some cedar plank salmon at Lidl a month ago. Cooked it in my kamado with a little mustard and soy sauce on top. It was great on a bed of rice.

Salmon is forgiving to cook. Flounder and other delicate fish are more difficult to cook. They can go from raw to overdone in a few minutes.

Bacon wrapped cod. Have not tried it but looks delicious!

This is similar to rockfish (striped sea bass, which is a whitefish) cooked "Northern Neck style", referring to the Virginia peninsula bordering Maryland. The rockfish is seared in the grease from cooking a couple of strips of bacon, which are served with the fish on a bed of fresh lettuce or other greens. Done right, it's splendid.

Rockfish is expensive and hard to find, but I don't see any reason you couldn't substitute cod or another whitefish.

I have had freshly caught fish. I agree that it is a treat.
although it fries better if you let it sit overnight.

Fresh from the fish fillets are still floppy.
Let them sit under water in a bowl overnight (in the fridge)
and they firm up a little and easier to prep and fry them.

I never got the knack of the y-bones in the pike so those are strictly catch and release.

I throw it in the microwave at work, walk away and wait..

Kidding! I like it prepared most of the ways mentioned above.

We are on the Mediterranean diet so we eat fish 5-6x/wk. We eat a lot of sea bass, salmon, flounder, swordfish, tuna, mahi, and shellfish like crab, shrimp, and lobster.

I make my own seasoning blend with sea salt, black pepper, red pepper, ground mustard, paprika, ginger, bay leaf, nutmeg, all spice, cloves, and cinnamon. I dry the fish well, give it a light coating with garlic olive oil, and pack on the seasoning. I let it sit like that for 30 minutes to an hour. I usually pan sear the fish but baking it works too. I've also smoked it.

I like to serve it with brown rice and a vegetable. I've lost 70 lbs with this way of eating. It's pricey, especially right now, but worth it.

270826431_10227135464233323_127904550551741506_n.jpg

249866450_10226715287569169_7040742434229876460_n.jpg

We are on the Mediterranean diet so we eat fish 5-6x/wk. We eat a lot of sea bass, salmon, flounder, swordfish, tuna, mahi, and shellfish like crab, shrimp, and lobster.

I make my own seasoning blend with sea salt, black pepper, red pepper, ground mustard, paprika, ginger, bay leaf, nutmeg, all spice, cloves, and cinnamon. I dry the fish well, give it a light coating with garlic olive oil, and pack on the seasoning. I let it sit like that for 30 minutes to an hour. I usually pan sear the fish but baking it works too. I've also smoked it.

I like to serve it with brown rice and a vegetable. I've lost 70 lbs with this way of eating. It's pricey, especially right now, but worth it.

View attachment 109548

View attachment 109549
That looks amazing. Congrats on the weight loss sir👍👍

Just had red snapper tonight. Butter and lemon pepper was how we did it. Very nice.

Will fry some old wife and grouper later this week.

I do like the Paul Prudommes blackened redfish magic seasoning on both fish and steak. Even tried iron salmon and it’s great.

My favorite though is cedar plank salmon, semi smoked over charcoal. Wet the plank, wet some wood shavings for smoking. Cost fish in oil and powdered Italian seasoning. Heat charcoal, drop wet wood on hot charcoal, place wet plank with fish over charcoal, cover and smoke/cook until done.

Reactions: GON
Catfish: black bean sauce + green onion, 425F in the oven for 20 mins
Sockeye: sea salt + black pepper, 375F in the oven for 15 mins
Pomfret: dry brine for 1 day in the fridge, wash and pat dry, add white pepper, grill outdoor till golden brown.
Carp: grill for a bit, then boil in a filter bag as a soup with ginger and green onion.

View attachment 109548

View attachment 109549
Yes, dinner at your house tonight. What time! You must be a chef. That looks fantastic. I’ve peeled so many shrimp my thumbs bleed. That never stops me though….

Back