First Toyota crown in my area. Funky looking.

Saw my very first Toyota crown. Saw it from a distance not knowing what it was because the rear was two tone and weird looking enough for me to floor it to get close.

Kind of torn, i don't know why I both like and dislike the looks. It almost looks like a crossover of a sedan and a crossover. Like it's trying compromise since I don't like crawling in and out of sedans so i like crossovers in that regard. But sedans are more aero and lighter which makes them efficient.

Any thoughts y'all have? Seen any in your areas as well.

IMG_20230621_145028491_1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah the colors need to be combined well. Doesn't work that well here. I think silver or red would give it a better look.
The press vehicles were the red/black combo, which was still something I didn't like.

The Crown isn't a Maybach, so there isn't customizable color combos.

Saw my very first Toyota crown. Saw it from a distance not knowing what it was because the rear was two tone and weird looking enough for me to floor it to get close.

Kind of torn, i don't know why I both like and dislike the looks. It almost looks like a crossover of a sedan and a crossover. Like it's trying compromise since I don't like crawling in and out of sedans so i like crossovers in that regard. But sedans are more aero and lighter which makes them efficient.

Any thoughts y'all have? Seen any in your areas as well.

View attachment 162703
I saw a black one in the last two days. I liked it's looks. They will probably sell all they can make. Women will love it. It was in Northern Va.

We had one on our lot that sold finally. Hope those owners are ready to pay $20 a quart for oil once it runs out of free oil changes lol. That’s how much we are charging for 0W-8. I was really surprised they made these available in the US. I’d have to pass on it. Reminds me of a Tesla and Prius too much.

We had one on our lot that sold finally. Hope those owners are ready to pay $20 a quart for oil once it runs out of free oil changes lol. That’s how much we are charging for 0W-8. I was really surprised they made these available in the US. I’d have to pass on it. Reminds me of a Tesla and Prius too much.
I'd run 0W-40 in mine 🤷

They advertise the high seating position and little else. Might get cross-shopped with the Buick Enclave, whatever that thing is that's a lifted Daewoo Aveo.

Tires/rims are way too big on this thing. It's ugly like a Nissan Murano convertible.

The only conceivable reason I can see Toyota wanted a more pussified crossover version of the Avalon is to appeal to the Avalon’s older base. But they missed the mark badly on the styling and not offering a liftback.

The only conceivable reason I can see Toyota wanted a more pussified crossover version of the Avalon is to appeal to the Avalon’s older base. But they missed the mark badly on the styling and not offering a liftback.
Why do I like your name so much.

Back