First high mileage oil you EVER purchased

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: 2015_PSD
None--I have always ran "normal" oil no matter what the mileage.

+1 same here.

Castrol High Mileage. Years ago I used to dump Castrol 10w30 in everything year round regardless of spec or season. Since I have become quite a fan of HM oils and use them a lot. They have helped with some leakers and I can still find a few that are thick for grade which I like.

Current favorite is Pennzoil HM but I still use Castrol HM in the Concorde.

Originally Posted By: RazorsEdge
Never have purchased a "high mileage" oil and do not intend to ever.

So you are posting on this thread why?

Kcjeep: you told me you used to dump PYB 10w30 in everything before you knew better you sum gun! LOL
smile.gif

I have never had the need for a high mile oil although I usually don't put a whole lot of miles on my vehicles.

Since standard oil works fine in diesels through 2 million miles and gas engines through 750,000 miles I havnt seen a need for a high mileage oil yet.

Valvoline maxlife has been good for me. About the same price as regular oil but a semi-syn with a strong additive base.

I purchased a few quarts of QS Defy only because it was on sale for $2. I don't intend to run a straight HM oil in current OCI's. The Defy will just go in as a 6th quart. I need to see some reasonable oil usage or leaks before running HM oils.

The first hm oil was valvoline syn with ml tech in 10w30 for the lexus, currently in it. Bought it because the pp was 2$ more and Valvo has a 6.3 noack+ I have seen uoas that looked to gdoo to be true. I'm glad I did as the vvti is actually a tiny bit more quiet.

Maxlife 20w50, last year. Bought 2 bottles and use it in summer only because it's by far the thickest oil I've used (I don't normally like thick oils) but the 10w30 I was using before seeped too much and made the block look wet!
Got 10w40 Durablend for winter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back