firestone (Kendall full synthetic 5w40)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I went to firestone yesterday to have a 4 wheel allignment om my 1992 BMW 325i, after i changed the front and rear shocks absorber, tie rod ends, control arms and bushings. I saw there streamer outside that they are carrying KENDALL full synthetic oil. I ask the guy how much are they going to charge me for the oil and filter change using there Kendal full synthetic 5w40. He qouted me $45.00 plus tax. I think its a gud deal. I heard gud things about this oil, its a ACEA3B3 rated and i think its a BMW approved LL/98.

Im doing my own oil change on my cars. Im currently using M1 5w40 truck/SUV w/c are cheap to buy at walmart $20.00 for a jug and $4 plus for 1 qt. Im using 7 qts. w/c cost arond $30.00 dollars plus and an oil filter $9.00 w/c will cost me around $40.00 not including the hardwork w/c i love doing anyway. I ask the guy at firestone if i can buy some of their Kendall full synthetic 5w40. He told me that they are not selling it because they have it on drums.

What do you think about this $45.00 oil and filter deal at Firestone.

Thanks....

I think the Mobil-1 that you are using is the better oil, but the Kendall's not a bad deal if you don't have the time to do it yourself.

orics,

What type of oil filters does the Firestone shop use?

If they use decent filters & you trust their grease monkeys with your car, then $45 for a synthetic OC is not a bad deal at all.

[ February 06, 2006, 10:49 PM: Message edited by: wavinwayne ]

i went there and used a 12.99 oil change coupon i found here:

http://tinyurl.com/akn86

it comes out to 13.86 with tax here in nebraska. i asked about upping it to synthetic and they said add $20 to the price. that makes it only 34ish out the door for a sythetic change. it may be more because you use 7 quarts. there is no expiration date on the coupon. enjoy.

The Kendall GT1 5w40 is one of the few oils currently approved by Porsche.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back