Finally quit smoking... for real this time!

Switching to vaping isn't helping. Vaping can be just as or even more addictive. You really haven't "quit for real" until you never have a craving to smoke anything, and instead obtain a hatred for smoking when you see or smell a cigarette.

Sadly, I smoked for ~30 years.
20 of those years was steady then I quit. About 5 years later, I picked up smoking again for another 10 yrs and then quit yet again.
3 years after I quite again, long story short, I went into the hospital to have a stent installed in my LAD by my new to me cardiologist.

"vaping and a smoke once or twice a wk"...I don;t think U quit. Total abstention for 2 wks might have the "I quit" claim - if not picking up ever again...
Use every trick available. Have U ever quit B4? How long? Exceed that this time. Dont give up giving up smoking until you have a 1 yr anniversary (total abstention). Then one can relax a lill, but not much. The longer away (totally) the easier to not pick up. Often, however, that can also B chancy ("I have been pretty successful. 1 wont hurt." and then back on for the unknowable future).

Every cig/nicotine U have reinforces the addiction, re-introduces it to the body, begins the w/d again. U dose w/each use, when gone it re-doses U w/the desire. Stop once, go thru it. Do not 'reinfect' w/it again and the w/d diminishes...

good to quit FOR SURE!! not EZE as they like SUGARS are addictive!! Jim Corey an Eagles football strength coach years ago + guy with 10 nutritional degrees that also had a fitness gym noted one cigarette caused loss of 50 mgs of Vit C. i only puffed a little in my teens to be "COOL" but never liked it + they were even free from grannys grocery store + not inhaling it was an EZE quit, but quitting most SUGARS- CARBS proved harder, BUT i fixed that as well!!!

Working on this as well. I've cut down enough to really tell the difference in my breathing but as others have said it's tough. What is hard for me is stress, as soon as something stressful comes along I start reaching.

Good luck OP!

Cold turkey is best . It's been close to 5(?) years w/o . Smoked close to 40 years . Up to 1+1/4 packs per day . Usually Light cigs . Cancer was a strong motive . Good Luck and you'll wish you quit years ago . So much time is consumed when smoking . Took 3 or 4 tries to stop .

Back