Final Word On The Subject!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is Dexron 6 a good choice for replacing Toyota World Service fluid? I just bought 4 gallons of the Redline D6 and their website list it as compatible or acceptable to use where WS fluid is recommended. What do you guys think? 2008 Toyota Tacoma 4X4 is my vehicle.

I have been running the D6 in my 06 tacoma going on 15K. I performed a cooler line flush and at the same time installed a bypass filter setup that Gary Allan turned me onto. It shifts great with the D6. I think you will like it.

A few people here have substituted supertech in place of WS with favorable results
21.gif
I prefer Redline ATF so D6 was the natural choice. And although D6 is different in that the base oil is an ester it does meet the viscosity requirement of Dexron VI. So really they are fairly close from what redline says. So its no wonder the Supertech Dex VI works in WS applications. The thing that gives me more comfort is that the D6 is a GL-4 rated fluid. Dexron VI makes no mention of this.

Last edited:
Thanks AZ. I now need to find a mechanic that has the machine to do a fluid transfer. I have called many places here and no one will touch it citing warranty issues. I have even offered to sign a waiver but nooooo. I know there is a way to do it myself but I am just not confident enough to go muckin with that expensive trans. Thanks all.

Not sure if its of any interest to you but I did a detailed write up on flushing this transmission and performing the level check. If you want to take a look to see if it's something you are comfortable doing PM me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back