filters

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is a scarey thought that one of the techs in my garage is downright convinced that STP oil filters are one of the best on the market, and the Fram Ultra is bad because it is a Fram.
E-core over one of the toughest built and best filtering retail filters on the market. To think that he went to school for automotive is even worse.

I'll say it again and again. Most shop foremen and seasoned techs really know nothing about oil or oil filters and their minds are closed about learning about either one.
There is an owner of a mom-and-pop service station near me that thinks Dex-Cool and Ford's G-05 are the exact same thing. This guy is 67 years old and has been changing oil in cars since he got out of the Navy. If your Ford car is specced for G-05 and it needs antifreeze, he will add Dex-Cool to it. Don't even try to have a discussion about oil, filters or antifreeze. He is a knows-it-all and his mind is closed.

Around here I see few "mechanics" that are actually trained or schooled,they learn what they learn and they develop their own ideas about products,without facts.One thinks Pennzoil is a sludger and as he says "search the internet,its all over the place".Same guy thinks everything AC Delco (filters,tune up...)is better than WIX or Standard Motor Products (brass contacts..etc)...some others only want $3.00 wipers (yea,good stuff),and love the low price of Bosch 02 sensors (even though they are terrible).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back