Filters wait till you REALLY know who makes what

Status
Not open for further replies.
54.gif

http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubb...;gonew=1#UNREAD

One company usually does make many different filters. Guess if you said Microsoft made Purolators I'd be surprised.
lol.gif

From that list, I know that Champlabs no longer makes Bosch.

Since Bosch bought Purolater, the Bosch premium line is the same as the Pure 1. At least in my applications.

well off the top of my noggin:

Allied Signal: (Fram, Honda)

Champion Labs: (Champion, STP, Supertech, AcDelco, K&N, Mobil 1)

Dana Wix: (Wix, NAPA pro-select, NAPA gold)

Bosch/Purolator: (AAP, O'Reilly brand, Bosch, Purolator, Quaker State?, Pennzoil?, Motorcraft)

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: defektes

Bosch/Purolator: (AAP, O'Reilly brand, Bosch, Purolator, Quaker State?, Pennzoil?)

Also, some Motorcraft (Ford) filters.

This has been discussed many a times in the past. However, history tells us that things change in the filter industry. I'd be interested in what's changed in the past year.

as far as all the brands go they all make house brand or quick lube filters too. I know iffy lube uses fram non-branded filters.

That makes me feel secure.
54.gif

Well seems the air filter part is owned by clarcor.

Oil filter side is owned by...
Copyright © 2009 Purolator Filters NA LLC, a joint venture company of The Bosch Group and The Mann+Hummel Group, All rights reserved.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: MONKEYMAN
as far as all the brands go they all make house brand or quick lube filters too. I know iffy lube uses fram non-branded filters.

That makes me feel secure.
54.gif

change your own oil
blush.gif

I thought of some more, borrowed your list cause I'm lazy.
grin2.gif

Allied Signal: (Fram, Honda, Defense)

Champion Labs: (Champion, STP, Supertech, AcDelco, K&N, Mobil 1, Rousch, I think )

Dana Wix: (Wix, NAPA pro-select, Nascar Select, NAPA gold)

Bosch/Purolator: (AAP, O'Reilly brand, Bosch, Purolator, Quaker State? Absutootely, Pennzoil? You betcha, Motorcraft)

Originally Posted By: LS2JSTS
From that list, I know that Champlabs no longer makes Bosch.

Since Bosch bought Purolater, the Bosch premium line is the same as the Pure 1. At least in my applications.

The regular black can BOSCH is the same as Purolator Premium white can. Their new blue can DistancePlus are the same as PureONE however the marketing statements on BOSCH's site point to probably an increased pleat count vs PureONE.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back