Filters wait till you REALLY know who makes what

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Peter_Pan
Originally Posted By: LS2JSTS
From that list, I know that Champlabs no longer makes Bosch.

Since Bosch bought Purolater, the Bosch premium line is the same as the Pure 1. At least in my applications.

The regular black can BOSCH is the same as Purolator Premium white can. Their new blue can DistancePlus are the same as PureONE however the marketing statements on BOSCH's site point to probably an increased pleat count vs PureONE.

I think it's been shown by river_rat (see his long testing thread) that the Bosch Premium (black in color) is the same as the PureONE.

Originally Posted By: SuperBusa

I think it's been shown by river_rat (see his long testing thread) that the Bosch Premium (black in color) is the same as the PureONE.

I don't know. Based on the info on BOSCH's website though the DistancePlus blue can claims:

99.9% efficiency
Silicone Anti-Drainback valve
PTFE coated gasket

Seems awfully like the PureONE, right down to the cut away of the filter.

The easiest way to tell the black cans are the same as white cnas is the black gaskets. PureONE has the red PTFE gasket.
Just my opinon.

I don't know. Based on the info on BOSCH's website though the DistancePlus blue can claims:

99.9% efficiency
PTFE coated gasket

The easiest way to tell the black cans are the same as white cnas is the black gaskets. PureONE has the red PTFE gasket.
Just my opinon.

You might be on to something ... I've never seen the Bosch "DistancePlus" filters in the stores that sell Bosch filters ... only the Bosch Premiums.

Go look at river_rats testing. The Bosch Premium filtered same as the PureONE. Look towards the tail end for the Bosch/PureONE comparison testing.

http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1616368#Post1616368

Originally Posted By: crazyoildude
If anyone is interested just ask

Okay, I'm interested in why you created this thread to begin with.

99.9% efficiency
PTFE coated gasket

Just my opinon.

Is the "distance plus" a new replacement for the premium line? I havent seen these in my market yet.

Is the "distance plus" a new replacement for the premium line? I havent seen these in my market yet.

Nope. It seems like they are now making 2 tiers of filters, similar to Purolator line. The blue cans are new, I've not seen them in the stores yet either.

In fact, if you Google "bosch distanceplus", the 2nd. result (after BOSCH's site) is this thread!
grin2.gif

You might be on to something ... I've never seen the Bosch "DistancePlus" filters in the stores that sell Bosch filters ... only the Bosch Premiums.

Go look at river_rats testing. The Bosch Premium filtered same as the PureONE. Look towards the tail end for the Bosch/PureONE comparison testing.

http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1616368#Post1616368

Interesting thread. I've been using BOSCH black cans for a very long time, even before they bought Purolator. They're great filters for the price.

Nope. It seems like they are now making 2 tiers of filters, similar to Purolator line. The blue cans are new, I've not seen them in the stores yet either.

In fact, if you Google "bosch distanceplus", the 2nd. result (after BOSCH's site) is this thread!
grin2.gif

I'll keep an eye out for these new boxes.

Last edited:

I stopped by an AutoZone tonight ... they sell the Bosch oil filters. I asked two different guys behind the counter about the blue "Distance Plus" Bosch oil filters. They said never heard of them. Looked on their computer and only the Bosch Premium showed up. So, it might be a new line that's coming out. Could be they are going to base the Distance Plus on the PureONE, and maybe the Premium will down grade to the Purolator Classic design.

BTW, I looked at the boxes of the Bosch Premium filters and it says it filters at 99.9% ... but it didn't give any micron rating. The Purolator Classics filter at 97.8% (iirc), so that tells me that the current Bosch Premiums probably have the same media as the PureONEs.

Originally Posted By: defektes
well off the top of my noggin:

Allied Signal: (Fram, Honda) not anymore...it's Honeywell Consumer Products now

Champion Labs: (Champion, STP, Supertech, AcDelco, K&N, Mobil 1) + Royal Purple and OEM Ford

Dana Wix: (Wix, NAPA pro-select, NAPA gold) + CarQuest Red and Blue

Bosch/Purolator: (AAP, O'Reilly brand, Bosch, Purolator, Quaker State?, Pennzoil?, Motorcraft)

grin2.gif

I'll keep an eye out for these new boxes.

I am interested to see these.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back