FB marketplace scam?

a couple of times i have bought an item from the FB Marketplace. everything went through and then the sellers cancelled the sale. So is this a scam or something?

a couple of times i have bought an item from the FB Marketplace. everything went through and then the sellers cancelled the sale. So is this a scam or something?

Thats pretty generic..
What kind of answer do you expect with that total lack of any details/info.

3 Wild Guesses:
1. Sold too fast they canceled and raised price.
2. Sold to someone else.
3. Scam of some sort.

FB marketplace has big plans as far as rating sellers & buyers and somehow shipping junk cross country. There must be a stupid GUI feature that offers $5 shipping for grand pianos.

I just wonder how they're going to monetize what's free, presently.

I'd guess they also listed on ebay and it sold there faster. I know some people are big on checking FB Marketplace but I always look on ebay first. Maybe FBM first if it was something big like furniture, where I wanted a local pickup to avoid paying a lot for shipping.

Literally the majority of vehicles I see on FB in my area are scams, or at the least some very shady people with made up nicknames of some sort. I wish I could filter using a list of legitimate names and some other criteria.

Now that CL is charging for vehicle (and some other) listings, the scammers have moved over to FB Marketplace. The majority of bigger ticket items listed there are scams. That is not to say that the scammers aren't still using CL, but the sheer number of them have decreased considerably. Ebay is much safer.

To me, Ebay is the only safe place to buy something online and in person too.

FB way more lately in the last year or two seems to be loaded with scams unless you are dealing with an established business in your area which is where we found a boat a couple years back. But if your expecting something to get shipped to you, watch out.

Ebay, Ebay, Ebay, your protected.

After a great deal of frustration I received an EVSE I ordered from Fbook marketplace a month later, lots of excuses from the seller but in the end a good product

To me, Ebay is the only safe place to buy something online and in person too.

FB way more lately in the last year or two seems to be loaded with scams unless you are dealing with an established business in your area which is where we found a boat a couple years back. But if your expecting something to get shipped to you, watch out.

Ebay, Ebay, Ebay, your protected.
I 2nd EBay.

Back