No I DON'T have the transmission

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are some Facebook users total morons? Why is every third inquiry asking if I have the transmission for sale? This has become so stupid, it's funny to me.

Nobody reads anymore, this stretches from the workplace, to social media, and beyond. When I get a message asking a question that is clearly stated in the ad, I just delete it. If they're going to be that stupid from the get-go, completing the deal with them is going to be too painful.

FWIW I don't see what is funny in your post, it just says "log into Facebook", and I don't have an account, so whatever is their foolish inquiry I'm not able to see.

1689942993458.jpg

The first line in my ad says, NO TRANSMISSION, yet people keep messaging me asking if I have the transmission for sale.
I've not been in FB but I believe they have recommended responses, a button that you can hit for a quick response, with less typing. Maybe that is the new etiquette, send this mindless response, which indicates interest. It's one or two clicks. You can respond to a bunch of ads and keep fishing until you get the deal you want.

Plus... I'm guessing it's like CL, where one can put up a post, sell it, and then decide to not take down the listing. And ignore any responses (maybe it goes to spam, maybe it was a burner account).

Seems like if I were to call someone up about an item (remember those days?), the first question would be, do you still have said item? The internet is faster than print copy but can have the same issues. Thus is this not basically the same response?

DO YOU HAVE THE TRANSMISSION FOR SALE STILL PLEASE CALL ME AT [Information Hidden] IF YOU DO I DONT USE FACEBOOK MESSENGER!!! :D :D

I've not been in FB but I believe they have recommended responses, a button that you can hit for a quick response, with less typing. Maybe that is the new etiquette, send this mindless response, which indicates interest. It's one or two clicks. You can respond to a bunch of ads and keep fishing until you get the deal you want.

Plus... I'm guessing it's like CL, where one can put up a post, sell it, and then decide to not take down the listing. And ignore any responses (maybe it goes to spam, maybe it was a burner account).

Seems like if I were to call someone up about an item (remember those days?), the first question would be, do you still have said item? The internet is faster than print copy but can have the same issues. Thus is this not basically the same response?
Do you know how many "Is this still available?" I have sent just scrolling through!?

Is this a listing for a vehicle that doesn't have a transmission in it?

If so, could people perhaps be inquiring if you have the transmission but for whatever reason just don't have it installed/for sale with the vehicle?

It seems a reasonable thing to ask to me from someone who may be looking for one of those, or perhaps they're hoping you at least have it around somewhere so that they can repair it and reinstall in the vehicle.

That doesn't seem to strike me as a particularly crazy question, but that's just me.

Is this a listing for a vehicle that doesn't have a transmission in it?
OH geez man, the title says 2012 Nissan Versa sedan parting out and then the first line in the description says ***NO TRANSMISSION*** What part of that would indicate this is a vehicle that doesn't have a transmission physically in it but instead I might have it in my basement, or that the transmission is available?

OH geez man, the title says 2012 Nissan Versa sedan parting out and then the first line in the description says ***NO TRANSMISSION*** What part of that would indicate this is a vehicle that doesn't have a transmission physically in it but instead I might have it in my basement, or that the transmission is available?
That's not information you provided us. I thought it was reasonable speculation.

That's not information you provided us. I thought it was reasonable speculation.
The info is clearly in the FB post.
If you didn't read the FB post, then I could understand how you'd not get the OP's point; that many FB users are just morons - they don't read and are too lazy to research things.

A friend regularly sells cars through FB. Doesn't matter how much info he puts in the description, most of the questions he gets - were covered in the description. Go figure.

An Abbott and Costello routine starts..... Abbott: Let's say you go and bore a hole in that wall.
Costello: OK
Abbot: Why'd you bore that hole?
The bit just goes stupid from there on with Costello denying he bored the hole and Abbott insisting he did.
A meritless piece.
Some people are just like that.

By the way, if anyone needs a trannie for a Nissan, I have one! It's at atikovi's place.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back