When did we get so stupid?

It is called prompt dependency. They can read. They just choose not to and opt ask you instead. Everyone does it to a certain degree…. Like calling a place of business to ask when they close instead of looking it up for yourself on line. Or asking some in a store where an item is instead of looking at the signs. Everyone does it, just some more than others.

Wouldn't it be cheaper to use electric in your case?

At my electric rates of 12c per KWH, it's cheaper to use electric if the propane is over something like $4.50 a gallon, assuming 100% efficient resistance heat and 90% efficient propane heat.

Dryers probably aren't anywhere near 90% efficient (could be wrong, though) and (in the case of heating your house) heat pumps are more like 300% efficient. So basically it's always cheaper to use electric here, for both heating your house and drying your clothes.

Our washing machine blew up so we bought a new stacked set. So now I have our old dryer we don't need. I have it for sale on FB marketplace.

In my add I said that it uses PROPANE. I keep getting people asking if it uses natural gas or electric. People can't read anymore?
About half of the population is below average…

Lots of gas dryers in the PNW. They are a minority, but there's more than you think. There's still quite a lot of 60 amp panels with no access to 240v without a rewire or service upgrade.

They're also very efficient and very reliable.

Our washing machine blew up so we bought a new stacked set. So now I have our old dryer we don't need. I have it for sale on FB marketplace.

In my add I said that it uses PROPANE. I keep getting people asking if it uses natural gas or electric. People can't read anymore?
I had a similar issue. Every question potential buyers had on the item was mentioned in the ad. Even the people I sold it to asked questions that were answered in the ad. 😵‍💫

my thinking is a lot of people just don't read signs or much of anything.... example - a stretch of road near me is marked 45 MPH very clearly and still there are people pulled over for speeding everyday

Back