Favorite Fried Chicken Restaurant

Roscoes chicken and waffles in Hollywood.

Best fast food fried chicken -

chick fil-a
popeyes,
KFC...

Popeyes or Church’s for chains. Yes, the latter is grungy, and not in great(but soon to be gentrified) neighborhoods. One of my favorite taprooms in a gentrified part of town has a Church’s next door. Before pandemic, I’ve gotten a 3-piece meal and washed it down with a $7 beer.

But one place I’ve been shocked in a good way - Crispy Krunchy. Yes, it’s available at a gas station or a liquor store. But, they do have strict prep/food safety requirements in order to secure a franchise.

I’ve been frying my own chicken as of late.

Chain restaurants, Lee's Chicken and Chic Fil A.

All around best, Cookin' From Scratch. If you're ever travelling down Route 66 through Doolittle, Missouri you gotta stop in and try their pan fried chicken. It's the best. You'll know it's the right place because there's an El Camino with a giant chicken in the back!

If we are talking about national chains, then Popeye's.

But there are some local outfits here, including some Korean restaurants and soul food places that make even better fried chicken.

Always loved Church's. Only problem is that in my area, they're only located in rather dodgy parts of town.

Had Popeye's drive through today for the their sandwich. IMO, it's heads and shoulders better than Chik-fil-A but the drive through service is the exact opposite (CFA is borderline miraculous).

I can't tell you where there's a KFC in my vicinity. The only one nearby closed a couple of years ago. No biggie, because their food is a far cry from what it was when I was younger (60's & 70's)

Back