Air Fryers

Picked this up for wife's birthday as requested, it's a Gourmia air fryer from Target. cooked some fish last night and it came out :love:, made my Killer Dave toast this morning and it was perfect, gonna fry some chicken next, works great as an counter top oven, easy to use and clean.
GUEST_401fb506-e0b8-42dc-91a3-ca90e6672a9c

I’ll have to look up the difference between an air fryer and a convection toaster oven. Traditionally, air fryers were in a certain form factor, but now I’m seeing more toaster ovens with this “feature”. We purchased a counter-top convection oven a couple of years ago that is large enough to cook 99% of all our meals.

I also thought the “no pre-heat” boast was just a gimmick. The only time I pre-heat the oven is to warm up a pizza stone to ensure the crust crisps up. A word of warning, though: while the fan helps reduce the need to pre-heat, the heating elements are on 100% of the time while heating up instead of cycling on and off to maintain temp. That additional radiant heat will require covering certain foods up or they’ll burn before fully cooked. I sometimes leave stuff uncovered to brown them up and then cover for the remainder of the time. Just make sure not to block the fan or your convection oven will be just a regular oven.

This model will automatically preheat then advise to insert food, cycles on and off to maintain heat, so far no burned food once you set time and temp. :)

Had one from Costco with electronics (right above heating element), which lasted about a year. Got a thirty bucker from Best Buy with a simple twist control thermostat and a spring bell timer, much less to go wrong heat wise. Hopefully will last longer. Live alone so this has replaced my using oven. Love it.

Looks like a solid unit. I like that form factor, VERY similar to our Breville toaster oven (my 10 year work gift 8+ years ago). Hate those smaller Chineseum round ones.

Our Cuisinart AF is highly used and abused, squarish with gate

When one or the other dies, may look at your model! Thanks

I have the double door walmart model of the Gourmia, I like it so much better than the B&D one we had before. Works better as an oven as well.

Back