Fasting

Very good point. I’ve been eating lots of chicken and eggs to help with that.

More importantly thou I need to start a exercise routine again…
A good rule of thumb is 0.6g minimum of protein per pound of your ideal body weight.

One thing medical science is a little weak on is the interconnected destructiveness of too much simple carbohydrate intake.

Gout, High BP, High A1C, fatty tissue, high triglycerides - it's all the same cause, yet docs give separate pills for each.

Fasting definitely helps all these, naturally.

No I am not perfect. I eat carbs, but very small doses. I am traveling to Italy. It will be difficult!

Should consult with your doctor before trying. Low blood sugar would be a concern fasting for that length of time, especially if you get the jitters.

Thanks for that info. At 200lbs that would be 4oz, I’m getting that much for sure.
I’m talking about nutritional grams, like on the Nutrition Facts label of foods. If you’re talking about the weight of protein like meat that is very different. 4 ounces of steak for example is only 25-30g of protein.

Also, 0.6g is the minimum. Closer to 1g per pound of ideal body weight if you’re trying to build muscle, so you should be consuming 200g of protein at that point at 200 pounds.

Should consult with your doctor before trying. Low blood sugar would be a concern fasting for that length of time, especially if you get the jitters.
Would be interesting to monitor blood sugar levels while fasting for sure

I’m talking about nutritional grams, like on the Nutrition Facts label of foods. If you’re talking about the weight of protein like meat that is very different. 4 ounces of steak for example is only 25-30g of protein.

Also, 0.6g is the minimum. Closer to 1g per pound of ideal body weight if you’re trying to build muscle, so you should be consuming 200g of protein at that point at 200 pounds.
I figured that probably what you meant after I posted. That’s a lot of chicken! That would be around 25oz.

People with healthy kidneys should not have a problem with eating a high-protein diet but those with kidney damage or CKD may have to limit protein intake because dysfunctional kidneys cannot filter out protein metabolites sufficiently. The metabolites are toxic if they build up and will aggravate kidney issues.

Nobody should go on a high-protein diet unless they have had their kidney function checked.

High protein diet and CKD

Last edited:
Back