Failing ADBV's on MC FL-820S's

Status
Not open for further replies.
Check the lot numbers. They should be somewhere on the can. If they came from the same lot ..or near the same lot, they could have easily received the same substandard ADBV or other quality control issue.

Email Purolator with the complaint. Maybe they'll request the filter back.

Maybe I got a bad batch, but 3 in a row now have failed me. Last change I installed the normally reliable FL-820S, which is what I usually install on my 5.4L Triton. 500 miles into the change I started to get the brief split second cold start-up clatter. At first it was once every 2 or 3 days, then every day. I changed out the filter with another FL-820S and all was fine for about another 500 miles. Same thing started happening, cold start-up clatter once every 2-3 days, then every day. I changed to a third FL-820S and I'll be ****ed if it didn't start doing the same thing about 300 miles later.

I am now royally concerned, so I switched to a Napa Gold, and it hasn't uttered a sound in 1500 miles. I know what I'll be using from now on, and I'm very disappointed at the lack of quality in a generally perceived high quality part.

Let's see, MC is made by Purolator who were bought by Bosch. It is possible a detail got lost in the shuffle. We can hope it is only temporary. I am glad I can inspect the L 15436 elements I use before using. Stick to ST 3950's for my truck.

I think Purolator and Bosch may both be over rated. Wish somebody carried the AC's I need.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back