Extended OCI lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just noticed some girl's news feed on my Facebook, " Last oil change: 82,300 miles. Current mileage: 98,950. Jiffy Lube is not impressed.".

16,650 miles on bulk oil? That's grounds for a de-friending!
spankme2.gif

If she is cute, offer to change her oil free of charge. Do it with out a shirt on and have her start the car when you are done. She will be impressed by your mechanical prowess.

19.gif

Last edited:
She is pretty cute. She use to live in my city and she's sort of a missed opportunity. She moved to the Denver area recently lol.

Originally Posted By: OilNerd
16,650 miles on bulk oil? That's grounds for a de-friending!
spankme2.gif

I would probably have to de-friend most all my female friends and my sister in that case, which might not be a bad idea
grin2.gif
27.gif

Despite our resentment towards extended drains with conventional, the newest GM 3.0L DI engine can go up to 15,000 miles between oil changes under the most ideal conditions.

Originally Posted By: The Critic
Despite our resentment towards extended drains with conventional, the newest GM 3.0L DI engine can go up to 15,000 miles between oil changes under the most ideal conditions.

You are correct but man I could not do it. DI+dino does not = 15k OCI to me!

Last edited:
If you did it shirtless in this time of year, she'd be impressed by how hard your man nipples would be. Oh and don't forget impressed that your crazy enough to be shirtless in the cold :p

Okay, I *SERIOUSLY* doubt it, but is there any chance that she's following the oil life monitor on her car? Even with ideal highway miles I doubt most of them would get to almost 17k miles or more, but I just wanted to play devils advocate and raise the possibility. Similarly, maybe she's burning a quart of oil month and she actually checks and tops up her oil, so perhaps the oil is in better shape then we think (though even in the extreme unlikelihood of that happening, chances are the filter would be screaming for help at this point).

But her comment does show some insight into how she (and a lot of other people) think. Her comment seems to imply that she believes that since nothing noticeable has gone wrong with her car so far, that everything is fine. It doesn't appear that she's considered the fact that she could be damaging her car in such a way that it will cause problems in the future and reduce the overall life of the engine. And what is she expecting, that the car will give some signs that the oil isn't doing its job, at that point she'll take it in for an oil change and everything will be fine with no real damage done?

I wouldn't offer to change her oil regardless of how cute she is. Cause if she thinks everything is fine at over 16k miles on the oil, then she's going to think that YOU screwed it up when something goes wrong after the simple oil change

WOW!! I thought the 9k my customer did on their Camry with PYB was bad. Though I was glad that I had used PYB, and not a weaker dino.
I just changed the oil again in that one at 1500 miles to flush out the bad stuff from the last change, and switched them to PP and 5k OCI.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: GMBoy
Originally Posted By: The Critic

You are correct but man I could not do it. DI+dino does not = 15k OCI to me!

+2 I would never do it. 10k would keep me awake at night

Originally Posted By: Johnny
Neither Ohio or Denver are conducive to shirtless oil changes this time of year.
grin2.gif

THAT IS A FACT JACK!!!
13.gif

Originally Posted By: mechanicx
She is pretty cute. She use to live in my city and she's sort of a missed opportunity. She moved to the Denver area recently lol.

Your not thinkin with your dipstick Jimmy!

Originally Posted By: mechanicx

I'm in Denver weekly! I'll "change her oil"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back