Extended Drain on 5W-20

Status
Not open for further replies.
quote:

I didn't want to fork over the bucks

Uh, if you have to think long and hard about spending $20 on a UOA and have the time to chit chat on the 'net about it ... what are you doing running a Navigator in the family?

2001 EPA official fuel economy estimate:
Lincoln Navigator 12 city /17 highway

Call it 14 MPG for mixed driving. If you do 15,000 miles of annual driving (which is a fairly typical number these days) you are looking at burning around 1,071 gallons of fuel.

Fuel costs around $2.00/gallon these days; $2,142 per year estimated fuel costs.

$20 for a UOA is a big concern ??????

John

Ignore, mistaken post. Having problems today.
pat.gif

quote:

Originally posted by jthorner:

quote:

I didn't want to fork over the bucks

Uh, if you have to think long and hard about spending $20 on a UOA and have the time to chit chat on the 'net about it ... what are you doing running a Navigator in the family?

2001 EPA official fuel economy estimate:
Lincoln Navigator 12 city /17 highway

Call it 14 MPG for mixed driving. If you do 15,000 miles of annual driving (which is a fairly typical number these days) you are looking at burning around 1,071 gallons of fuel.

Fuel costs around $2.00/gallon these days; $2,142 per year estimated fuel costs.

$20 for a UOA is a big concern ??????

John

john got ya there haley. since he dumped the oil, let's forgive and forget. BTW, thanks to a member here. I found an oil analysis company that only charges $8 a UOA
smile.gif

quote:

Originally posted by rugerman1:
What's the big secret?
dunno.gif
Who has them?

When I first started posting here I found a source for inexpensive UOAs that included TBN. I PM'd Bob and asked him if I could post about it and he said no, since we have a site sponsor that does UOAs. Have the rules changed along with ownership?

G-Man,
Here's the link to the topic you started last year Topic: $15.00 oil analysis, including TBN

OilGuard has $8 kits(by the dozen) and they just signed on as a site sponsor.

We still can't allow direct links to a non site supporter.(any product)
It's the only fair way to treat them.A non-link information post has always been legal.

Mark

quote:

G-Man,
Here's the link to the topic you started last year Topic: $15.00 oil analysis, including TBN

It's the only fair way to treat them.A non-link information post has always been legal.

Mark

I never went back to that thread so I didn't know that Bob had okay'd posting the name of the company (Shell) that offered the analysis.

quote:

Originally posted by haley10:
Sorry guys, I just dumped it. I just can't get into the 20wts., since I have no vehicles that require it.

Even if you didn't plan to use a 5w20, what would have been the harm in having a UOA done on this batch?

Maybe you were afraid the results wouldn't have been too bad after all?
grin.gif

quote:

G-Man,

Mark

Mark..that's exactly who it is. I just ordered a dozen kit a few days ago from them. I wish I knew they were a site sponsor, I would gave bobistheoilguy a mention. $8 UOA with TBN. I thought 12.50 last year was a good deal, I was wrong I predict with the $8 UOA, there will be a skyrocketing number of UOA posted on this board in the future for everyone to learn from
cheers.gif

[ April 16, 2004, 07:11 AM: Message edited by: Cutehumor ]

quote:

Originally posted by ssmokn:
$8 for UOA. Private message me with the details please!

apparently, I can't PM you. there's no icon by your name with PM capabilities

quote:

Originally posted by Cutehumor:
I just ordered a dozen kit a few days ago from them. I wish I knew they were a site sponsor, I would gave bobistheoilguy a mention.

I have the same problem. I just ordered three kits. But they have my name on file. I will call them back today and tell them how I learned of their service on BIOTG.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back