Exmark 708 cc Front Steer ZT... CP.

They are really squeezing out a lot of HP on a small displacement engine on that exmark from other engines on the market. Anyways, the filter itself looks wonderful but must change the oil to remove the break-in metal. This filter was run back in 17' right?
Actually the filter was from 2016 and I bought the machine then. I just found the receipt.
I changed it and the oil at 5 hrs. These were from the days when my mother was terminally ill and I had no time for anything for over 5 years so I put it in a sealed container that I found just recently.
Since 2016 the machine had just about 10 complete oil and filter changes.

Yeah I'm not a fan of it, considering the same mowers came with a Kawasaki the year before this engine was introduced and the price didn't change.
Exmark lied about this engine. Then it was new and I asked them who made it and they lied and said it was built in house- USA. They were hush hush then and that's why I called them.

Later they tried to throw the Kohler name out and I guess because of the Courage motor which we all know about.

More of what went in..
Vintage Delo... @53' Stude
1000002827.jpg

They are really squeezing out a lot of HP on a small displacement engine on that exmark from other engines on the market. Anyways, the filter itself looks wonderful but must change the oil to remove the break-in metal. This filter was run back in 17' right?
Not defending or inferring anything about the engine, just a comment that the engine is typically running under much lower than full power. A lot of mowers are run at max governor rpm, to get blade speed, and the engine is generally light throttle until it senses a larger load. I doubt it spends much time at full power during any std mowing operation. Which should benefit longevity. I suspect most BITOG members do proper PM and therefore can expect better than avg reliability.

That said, I have a Kawasaki engine on my Ariens zero turn. Going on year 7 with no issues, annual oil and filter changes at approx 70-80 hours per season. When I bought it, I figured the commercial mowers all have Kawasaki engines so that should be fine for me. My mower is a prosumer grade, the same mower is sold with different color under Gravely name for commercial use.

I have a 2005 exmark lazer z. it has the Kawasaki 19 hp with 250 hours. it still runs like its new. Kawasaki makes great engines.

Not defending or inferring anything about the engine, just a comment that the engine is typically running under much lower than full power. A lot of mowers are run at max governor rpm, to get blade speed, and the engine is generally light throttle until it senses a larger load. I doubt it spends much time at full power during any std mowing operation. Which should benefit longevity. I suspect most BITOG members do proper PM and therefore can expect better than avg reliability.

That said, I have a Kawasaki engine on my Ariens zero turn. Going on year 7 with no issues, annual oil and filter changes at approx 70-80 hours per season. When I bought it, I figured the commercial mowers all have Kawasaki engines so that should be fine for me. My mower is a prosumer grade, the same mower is sold with different color under Gravely name for commercial use.
I agree and believe it or not Exmarks manual basically says to keep it on full throttle all the time even for starting.
I believe from memory it was 3500 rpm. I don't however for general mowing.

Back