Evil Shower Heads

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now shower heads are to be feard. What's next,skivies?

http://www.charter.net/news/read.php?ps=1010&rip_id=%3CD9AN8RTO1%40news.ap.org%3E&_LT=HOME_LARSDCCLM_UNEWS

Last edited:
Yeah ...yeah...

Why can't researchers find anything enhancing or uplifting? Why can't the bacteria improve your immune system? Why isn't it a beneficial "unexpected side effect" of keeping clean?

We'll sanitize ourselves into extinction.

I heard about this from a guy I worked with in 1993/4. He was adamant about running the shower for at least a minute before stepping into it due to "germs".

Yet he never shaved. Oh the irony.

Just another attempt in making an enemy for us to be worried about.

"The researchers offer suggestions for the wary, such as getting all-metal showerheads, which microbes have a harder time clinging to."

I don't think I've ever seen a 100% metal showerhead. Is this something that only existed pre-70's?

When I traveled extensively with work and before the 9/11 event, I carried pliers in my suitcase. I'd remove the shower head in my hotel room and remove the little nylon barrier that made it a low-flow shower head.

Little did I know I was preserving my health, LOL.

Originally Posted By: javacontour
When I traveled extensively with work and before the 9/11 event, I carried pliers in my suitcase. I'd remove the shower head in my hotel room and remove the little nylon barrier that made it a low-flow shower head.

Ah-HA!!! An eco-saboteur!!! Now you found out you were a double agent and didn't even know it!! You were really employed by the "3rd Faction".

Muuuhahahhahah!!

Originally Posted By: javacontour

That's fantastic! You should do a write up on this!
thumbsup2.gif

Last edited:
A lot of good research has found that copper and brass has natural antimicrobial properties. Germs die quickly on these metal surfaces. The article did a poor job of saying that people should switch to "all-metal" shower heads. More exactly, they should have said "all-copper" or "all-brass" showerheads.

Originally Posted By: tig1
Now shower heads are to be feard. What's next,skivies?

http://www.charter.net/news/read.php?ps=1010&rip_id=%3CD9AN8RTO1%40news.ap.org%3E&_LT=HOME_LARSDCCLM_UNEWS
Happy to have the crazy arse water system attached to my well. Ain't no bacteria living in my shower heads!

Tomorrow they will come out with proof that the bacteria helps aid digestion or helps improve the bodies immune system response etc.
smirk2.gif

Supposedly bad stuff lives in your water heater also because it stays warm all the time and breeds them. I have a feeling there are worse creatures living in your kitchen where your food is made than anywhere around our shower and water supply system.

Originally Posted By: Papa Bear
Mori would do just what he did ....

Yeah, I guess he would have taken better pictures though.

When I was showering in China I wasn't too worried about THAT water being contaminated by the shower head!!
20.gif
shocked2.gif
37.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back