Interesting article from CNBC on residential home prices

Pew,

I stand corrected. I was referring to the greater Chicago area, not the City of Chicago. My error.

Every stat I look at shows Illinois continues to have a loss in population.

A unique tool to look at for population loss if one does not think the stats are accurate, is Penske Truck Rental. Penske use to have a heat map of where rental trucks are in high demand, and where they are in low demand. I used to use the Penske heat map as part of a college course I taught. Bottom line, price a Penske 26 foot rental from Chicago to Phoenix, then Phoenix to Chicago. Typically, you can get the truck for next to nothing Phoenix to Chicago. Chicago to Phoenix, big bucks. One can do the same map to most metropolitan areas to/ from Chicago. It almost always prices Penske rental truck next to nothing to Chicago, and big bucks from Chicago.

I just compared Manassas, VA to Raleigh, NC. Many people I've known in the area have moved to NC.

From Manassas, VA to Raleigh, NC is $1392

From Raleigh, NC to Manassas, VA is $199.

This despite the abundance of 6-figure government and government contracting jobs in the Manassas, VA area.

(Yea, they all suck, money isn't everything, a townhouse in a lousy neighborhood will run you at least $350k, and the traffic is horrible here).

It's also been stated that if it weren't for foreign immigration, Virginia would be losing population.

I am looking for an entry level condo in an OK San Jose area. $400k and I'm a buyer. Probably wishful thinking. $475 is more like it.

99e130a67fef2fe2cc13e9fbb086bd36.jpg

Back