Everyone around me has worse/older cars than me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, kinda tongue and cheek. I have/had:
grin.gif

2004 Subaru Forester
2002 Nissan Maxima (SOLD)
2000 Ford Taurus Wagon

I sold the Maxima for top dollar ($200 over KBB best price) a few weeks ago. My neighbors have older cars...one neighbor in particular has replaced all his newer cars with older BMWs. 2002 BMW 323ci, 2000 BMW 740i and a 1986 BMW 128i (I think...might be a 118).

How do I deal with this? Should I sell my newer cars and start looking at old European vehicles?

Last edited:
So..You want to keep "down" with your neighbors. Thats a new one. They went older because they are so expensive new. But BMW's last forever. My first BMW was 6 years old, 60k. Paid as much for that as a new Camry. Don't regret it, something special about BMW's. They monitor your driving habits and adapt to you. Once you drive one, your hooked.

Sure,buy a 1970s BMW 2002....that should be old enough.If not,get a BMW Isetta.

Originally Posted By: 2002 Maxima SE
Actually, this was the video that did it for me:

I don't know why, but I just love those. I wold get both(unless they are complete junk) without hesitation and dump quite a bit of money in them...And I'm not that old(24) to like old cars
smile.gif

Maybe because older cars had souls???

Originally Posted By: johnachak
Those in my opinion are about as ugly and styleless as you can get. Again, my opinion.

"All Crayolas are different by color and taste"

In my neighborhood the cars can vary in a single driveway. In one driveway an E65 7-Series is sharing space with multiple Astros. Keeping up with the Jonses would require a beat up van of some kind, a luxury car, a donked out FWD Impala, and a ragged out Expedition with a trash bag over one of the windows.

crackmeup2.gif

Everyone around me has trucks/full-size SUVs.
21.gif
at least 5 are vinyl shrink wrapped with thier businesses. Pizza place, Sell your house today, exterminator, printer, Brazillian Jiu-Jitsu...

I guess I have an excuse to get an EcoBoost F-150 now. I just have to have it vinyl wrapped in my company's logo.
lol.gif

Originally Posted By: LeakySeals
Don't regret it, something special about BMW's. They monitor your driving habits and adapt to you. Once you drive one, your hooked.

I would like to drive a BMW sedan or coupe once. Anyone near me care to donate a test drive? Ha ha.

I changed the brakes on a friend's 2000 X5 this past weekend. It rode like a truck and didn't respond all that well. Most of the suspension components were new (it has 160k miles on it, so a lot of it has been rebuilt). The engine itself seemed strong but the rest of the vehicle underwhelmed.

I do understand that an X5 is likely not representative of the rest of the BMW "driving experience". Still, I was underwhelmed.

Originally Posted By: LeakySeals
So..You want to keep "down" with your neighbors. Thats a new one. They went older because they are so expensive new. But BMW's last forever. My first BMW was 6 years old, 60k. Paid as much for that as a new Camry. Don't regret it, something special about BMW's. They monitor your driving habits and adapt to you. Once you drive one, your hooked.

I'm always amazed at BMW owners. But having brand loyalty is a good thing. Having owned a few my experience was very poor. Fabulous driving experience but that was about it. Google them and the stories are horrifying. But obviously that is not representative of all of them.

BTW, almost every car these days has adaptives in it. Not just BMW.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back