Even pellet guns can be deadly.

My wife falls into that catagory...

I got a nice pellet gun to keep the squirrels off the bird feeders when we lived out in the country. They would literally destroy the feeders so they were unusable. Well, the first time I shot a squirrel off the feeder, it just dropped dead to the ground...like I wanted. My wife let out a gasp, and exclaimed "It's just a pellet gun, I thought it was for scaring the squirrels"

...I can assure you he was incapable of being scared at that point.
Here is what I got.
Yup, I grew up shooting squirrels with a .177 pellet gun, think ~800-900fps? break barrel style. Was pest control for my grandfather, no idea how many, but it might approach 100? Decent shot placement, they were single shot kills. Would go right through their heads at 50ft away.

Now, that said, my buddy had a Daisy "Red Rider" and it would be hard pressed to kill a grasshopper. BB would bounce off a squirrel, it was effectively useless for anything more than paper targets.

Most .22LR are in the 1000-1280fps range, so on pure speed they’re in the ballpark. Plenty of deaths have occurred from a silenced .22 to the skull… so sure, a .22 pellet with decent placement is definitely deadly.
And unsilenced ones.

It also kills more deer (poachers) than any other round (.22LR) in the US.

I know I'd hate for either a .177 or a .22 pellet to slip between a rib and go into my lung or my liver or a kidney or my heart or into my spine - even my stomach or guts, let alone my eye.

Last edited:
What idiot points a weapon at another human being and thinks that the weapon won’t harm them?

People who play airsoft. They have guns that shoot little plastic bbs and aren't powerful enough to break the skin

People who play airsoft. They have guns that shoot little plastic bbs and aren't powerful enough to break the skin
I wouldn’t call those a weapon.

Perhaps it’s the confusion between those pellet guns, shooting a plastic pellet at 100 FPS vs. a pellet gun that shoots a metal projectile far faster.

Either way, I don’t buy the story. “I didn’t think it would hurt him” as an excuse? You pointed it at him in an argument, and pulled the trigger - you absolutely meant for it to hurt him, you just didn’t realize how much it would hurt him.

I wouldn’t call those a weapon.

Perhaps it’s the confusion between those pellet guns, shooting a plastic pellet at 100 FPS vs. a pellet gun that shoots a metal projectile far faster.

Either way, I don’t buy the story. “I didn’t think it would hurt him” as an excuse? You pointed it at him in an argument, and pulled the trigger - you absolutely meant for it to hurt him, you just didn’t realize how much it would hurt him.
The airsoft guns aren't technically a weapon, but can still do some damage if you get hit in the eye or something. Anything can be dangerous if an idiot gets ahold of it

My wife falls into that catagory...

I got a nice pellet gun to keep the squirrels off the bird feeders when we lived out in the country. They would literally destroy the feeders so they were unusable. Well, the first time I shot a squirrel off the feeder, it just dropped dead to the ground...like I wanted. My wife let out a gasp, and exclaimed "It's just a pellet gun, I thought it was for scaring the squirrels"

...I can assure you he was incapable of being scared at that point.
Here is what I got.
Did ya eat em?

Real airguns are used for hunting dangerous game in Africa. Typically they hail from countries that do not allow firearm ownership by citizens.

Back