Euro oil in a GDI

Turbos exacerbate lspi in small <3L gdi engines. But gdi alone won't be an issue for it if the engine is either big or small. As for advantages there's not much really. Just use a cheaper off the shelf euro oil in either 30 or 40. Not too cold here in Texas.

Saw Amsoil making a 0W20 Euro with SN+ specs. I know it’s overkill but hey this BITOG right. Any disadvantages running this in the Pilot? Thanks.
0w20 Euro meets or exceeds Euro specs, as those euro specs are on GDI engines.

Is it better than Signature Series 0w20? I don't know.

0w20 Euro meets or exceeds Euro specs, as those euro specs are on GDI engines.

Is it better than Signature Series 0w20? I don't know.
Not necessarily looking for better. I don’t extend the changes because I follow the olm. I’ve ran SS before.

Not necessarily looking for better. I don’t extend the changes because I follow the olm. I’ve ran SS before.
You're paying more for a Group III oil for AFE (Euro), than you would with OE series 0w20, which somehow has a higher HTHS than the Euro oil (for $4 less per quart).

And, unlike the Euro oil, Amsoil advertises LSPI resistance with SS and OE.

Is euro oil going to be the latest trend on BITOG?
I think it's been the trend for a while now. Like since MB 229.5 was a new spec.
Of course it depends on your expected low winter temps since a lot of euro spec oils seem to be 0 or 5W -40. I doubt that would cause serious issues during cold starts in most cases, but people tend to be cautious with that.

I don't care if it's called Euro, if it's a better oil I'll use it, especially if price is same or lower. If bottle (oil comes in) is in rainbow colors, I'd think about it then .. :ROFLMAO:

Back