Engine Survival Stories

Status
Not open for further replies.
Friend of the family bought an 86 Thunderbird turbo brand new. Somebody told him that turbo engines didn't require oil changes, just top offs.

Four years later and zero oil changes, eighty something thousand miles the engine gave up the ghost. He was told that there was "no possible chance of a rebuild".

He also leased a Firebird that he was forced to purchase since he never took it in for an oil change the entire three years he had it.

quote:

Originally posted by kingrob:
Friend of the family bought an 86 Thunderbird turbo brand new. Somebody told him that turbo engines didn't require oil changes, just top offs.

Four years later and zero oil changes, eighty something thousand miles the engine gave up the ghost. He was told that there was "no possible chance of a rebuild".

He also leased a Firebird that he was forced to purchase since he never took it in for an oil change the entire three years he had it.

I guess he didn't learn his lesson from the thunderbird..if his firebird never got an oil change either

quote:

Originally posted by CapriRacer:
Where do these people come from and how do they survive ?

A) from the usual coupling of male and female....
B) The darwinian process can be painfully slow for those watching from the sdelines....

quote:

I guess he didn't learn his lesson from the thunderbird..if his firebird never got an oil change either

I can't remember which one he had first, but the story on the Firebird was that his friend topped it up with Mobil 1, so it was good to go for the duration of his lease.

This man is an ignorant, lazy person who spent thirty years in the US Army working on tank engines, I suppose he feels he's "done his time" when it comes to engine maintenance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back