Engine Oil and Transmission Oil for 98 Camry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear Members,

I had 1998 Camry. I wants to do the flush for Power Steering Fluid, Transmission Oil and Engine Oil.

So I wants to know which brand oil is good to use for better maintainence.

I appreciate your feedback.

Thank You

Chand

This engine is a sludgemonster, no kidding. I'd Auto-RX the car once, then replace the PCV valve and make sure that the engine is tuned-up, and the intake system is leak-free.

After Auto-RX, I'd run Esso XD3 0w-30 from an Esso Bulk Dealer at less than 4CDN/L at 1-year or 10,000 mi. intervals.

For the ATF, use Chevron Dexron III-H if it specs Dexron, or else use Pennzoil/Quaker State Multi-Vehicle.

For PS Fluid, use Chevron Dexron III-H if it calls for ATF, otherwise use the appropriate PS fluid.

Michael

quote:

Originally posted by Michael Wan:
This engine is a sludgemonster, no kidding. I'd Auto-RX the car once, then replace the PCV valve and make sure that the engine is tuned-up, and the intake system is leak-free.

Michael

The only thing i know how is engine & transmission oil change. What is PCV valve and is it easy to change? TIA

gc

Positive crankcase ventilation valve. The hardest part can be just accessing the thing. It prevents your crankcase from being pressurized by blowby.

use a quality 10w30 dino oil and change it and the filter every 4-5k miles. religiously. it will be fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back