engine is toast b/c of twisted oil filter???

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is unfortunate that Tamara's dad had to get involved, and good that he did. That sort of thing is what we dads do
smile.gif
. Last summer our daughter worked at a camp as a counselor all summer, and then they got her paycheck wrong. After I got my very persistent but not completely hot-headed self involved they eventually "realized" their error and fixed it. I'm certain that if she had to try to get it corrected on her own they would have continued to stonewall.

This sort of dishonorable behavior really bothers me. How do people like that sleep at night? What pleasure is there in hassling people and making them miserable? Also, I'm not at all sure that Mazda is blameless in this situation. The dealership gets paid for warranty work, perhaps at a lower rate than for retail work, but still it isn't like they are being asked to work for free. It may well be Mazda policy to try and push back warranty work for any excuse, even if that excuse doesn't hold up to close expert evaluation. A certain fraction of people will just cave in when first told tough luck.

Ok well it has been a while since i last posted anything about my car. I went on vacation to south carolina late september and my car was supposed to be almost finished when i returned....well, i am still waiting. there was another complication. they had ordered the new engine and when they received it they installed it but then they started the car and it started to make a weird noise which was not good. they think that the new engine was defective and had to send it back to mazda!! hmmmm, not so sure i wanna keep my car now. its been about a month and a half since my engine blew up. and now another bad engine??? well, its not at my expense so i guess i will let them take their sweet time. its not my problem. but i do miss my car...hopefully i will get it back soon.
dunno.gif

yo..ewetho..Not to steal this post..but...I've got a 07 F-150 KR..the driver side mirror flutters like a flame on a candle..the dealer replaced the mirror but it didn't fix the problem..the dealer said that's the nature of the beast..Ford Customer Service said that it's within Ford specs and that the dealer should not have changed the mirror...is that true or false..how else should I deal with this..it's really an annoying Thanks..
frown.gif

my 2000 ls1 firebird had a bad tranny that developed within the first 3000 miles. The dealer had it replaced within a week and was very apoligetic.

I don't see how it can take a month or more to plop in an engine.

"they had ordered the new engine and when they received it they installed it but then they started the car and it started to make a weird noise which was not good. they think that the new engine was defective and had to send it back to mazda!"

I wonder if it was new or remanufactured. Sometimes the replacement engines and transmission installed under warranty are not actually brand new ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back