End of ethanol subsidy will raise the price of gas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gas prices are rocketing up around here. One major local chain says on their website that wholesale gas went up $0.25 per gallon in the last week, and to expect retail prices to be up about $0.30 per gallon by the coming week. The prediction at the moment is for $4 per gallon before summer.

Last edited:
update to the map posted earlier

Untitled1_001.jpg

I always prefer to have ALL costs displayed up front, so we know what the ACTUAL true cost is. Subsidies encourage the opposite. Our very expensive involvement in the middle east is partially motivated by our concerns about keeping oil prices relatively low. So you might add military costs, including 50 years of medical treatment at VA hospitals for injured veterans. to our gas bill. Of course, we don't see it at the pump but we pay it anyway.We might choose different vehicles and driving patterns if we actually had total costs reflected at the pump. Perhaps we will drop the tax on Brazilian ethanol which is made from different materials that don't impact the food supply.

Originally Posted By: friendly_jacek
I live in white area and every pump has 10% ethanol.

That might be, but no gas station is required by law to sell E10 if you live in a white area.

Originally Posted By: friendly_jacek
This map lies. I live in white area and every pump has 10% ethanol.

What does the notice on the pumps say?

I bet it says, "MAY contain UP TO 10% ethanol"
grin.gif

Such is the way of life, we pay more for a lesser product while the government tries to save us from ourselves. Corn is for pigs and cereal bowls.

Originally Posted By: ltslimjim
So...will ethanol in fuel be gone?

No, it will just cost more.

Originally Posted By: ltslimjim
So...will ethanol in fuel be gone?

No, all mandates are still in place, it's just the subsidies and tariffs that are gone.

Ethanol INCREASES smog. See article by Ed Wallace on 21 January 2012 in the Ft.Worth Star Telegram newspaper (can read on line).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back