Emailed Mahle in regards to their filter efficiency.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had a few questions regarding efficiency and longevity of the filter I cut open here:
https://www.bobistheoilguy.com/foru...-virgin-mahle-oc614-cut-open#Post5189569

This is the reply:

Hi Joseph,

The OC614 is rated at 95% efficiency at 20 microns.

The filter is able to handle 10,000 mile oil change intervals under regular driving conditions. The crucial part of long interval oil changes that often gets forgotten is to check your oil. It is not un-common for a engine to burn a quart of oil every 3,000-5,000 miles. Multiple manufactures consider this to be normal, so it is important for the life of the filter and engine to check your oil on a regular basis.

If you send me your address I will send out a filter to you for your next oil change, Thank You for Choosing MAHLE!

Sounds good to me!

Originally Posted by blupupher
Well that is nice of them.
I wonder if all their OEM filters are the same.
Is the OC614 for your Ram?

Yes.

And Mahle is receiving a bunch of emails now asking random questions about their filters hoping to get a free filter....

Originally Posted by hallstevenson
And Mahle is receiving a bunch of emails now asking random questions about their filters hoping to get a free filter....

If that's the case, they probably will.

Give people something for free, maybe you'll get more consumers who will buy later on which equals more sales. I didnt ask for anything free, and I didnt complain about the filters as I have a stash of them for my truck.

95% @ 20 microns doesnt bug me in the least bit either.
21.gif

Well, that was intetesting. I'm a bit suprised they offered the information. When I asked Subaru for the efficiency rating on their filters it was not offered.

Originally Posted by FA_WRX
Well, that was intetesting. I'm a bit suprised they offered the information. When I asked Subaru for the efficiency rating on their filters it was not offered.

That is the difference between asking the manufacturer that knows the specs and the OEM that has no idea.

Originally Posted by GumbyJarvis
If that's the case, they probably will.

Give people something for free, maybe you'll get more consumers who will buy later on which equals more sales. I didnt ask for anything free, and I didnt complain about the filters as I have a stash of them for my truck.
I wasn't suggesting you did it to get something free. I presume it was a completely unexpected offer.

95% @ 20 microns doesnt bug me in the least bit either.
21.gif

I've no idea if that is good or bad. I don't know the rating for the filters I currently use either but they're brand-name units, from well-known suppliers, so I trust they're fine.

....95% @ 20 microns doesnt bug me in the least bit either......
Yep respectable figure. Imo, it would be nice(r) if they published the information somewhere along with the current standard ISO efficiency test. 'If' effeciency an important point in filter purchase decision, I prefer that to word of mouth statements. That said, it does appear to be a well made filter.

OT As for the Subaru anecdote experience, generally speaking the OEM filters prefer to keep that information proprietary. That's why the Amsoil 4548-12 test of some OEM oil filters was so illuminating. Strictly speculating based on those findings, I'd guess the Suby filter in a similar range as Toyota and Honda filters, not especially efficient.

Originally Posted by blupupher
Well that is nice of them.
I wonder if all their OEM filters are the same.
Is the OC614 for your Ram?

Yes.

How come I don't get a free filter ... ...*kicks wall"...‚

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back