Japanese Honda OE Mahle filter

Status
Not open for further replies.

JHZR2

Staff member
This was off my Accord Hybrid. Made in Japan. Didn't know Mahle was an OEM for Honda (even if it's a partnership of Mahle Tennex). I don't have tools to cut this open, but I kept it when I did an oil change a while back because I thought it was an interesting filter.

80651554-ACB7-4DDD-9F93-C86ED481E25F_zpskjtr1m4z.jpg

B81B36B8-DE73-41BC-9328-60D6291361A7_zpsrrodhjno.jpg

C02B36CB-D8DC-4337-B20A-8FEEC9D6BF66_zpsisgtwnkj.jpg

85598074-CC4A-4662-90A1-C1B0BB54FA1B_zpsaxerzxfu.jpg

A03DAE97-6616-4288-8417-F5A5EF928F7A_zpslzaocto5.jpg

The pics don't load! But Mahle is probably better than the cardboard Frams Honda sells in the US.

I've seen Nissan Japanese Mahles on eBay.

They load for me
wink.gif
Am I the only one? I think the Honeywell A02 filters are fine when you can get them for?
The Odyssey turns the MM light around 5k miles. I'm ok with doing the two OCI one filter on that. The HAH goes 10-12k miles per OCI, and since I'm usually doing a lot of highway mileage so the portion of that mileage with the engine on is decently high.

The pics load for me as well.
Thanks for the pics.
thumbsup2.gif

It'd be nice to see what it looks like on the inside.

Originally Posted By: Bud_One
The pics load for me as well.
Thanks for the pics.
thumbsup2.gif

It'd be nice to see what it looks like on the inside.

Good! If someone tells how to easily open this with common tools, I'll do so when I have time.

Originally Posted By: JHZR2
If someone tells how to easily open this with common tools, I'll do so when I have time.

Tin snips if you have some. Drill a hole so you can start the cut. Or just a hacksaw with the filter in a vice will work too, but makes for a mess inside the filter with metal bits.

Originally Posted By: crazyoildude
Fram is not so bad... Their ultra is a great filter.
l

FU is what I put onto the odd and accord when I drained the FF.

Waste of money because now I'm getting B1 service and on the ody at least I'm changing it to do two oci/one filter. I'm good with a FU for two 5k oci, but I was just out of sync. Oh well.

I run FU on my S-10 because of the long duration, also on the accord because I go 10-12k mi ocis, so figure the engine is on 9-10k of that.

Originally Posted By: JHZR2
Originally Posted By: crazyoildude
Fram is not so bad... Their ultra is a great filter.

FU is what I put onto the odd and accord when I drained the FF.

Waste of money because now I'm getting B1 service and on the ody at least I'm changing it to do two oci/one filter. I'm good with a FU for two 5k oci, but I was just out of sync. Oh well.

I run FU on my S-10 because of the long duration, also on the accord because I go 10-12k mi ocis, so figure the engine is on 9-10k of that.

Then do three 5k oci/one FU for the first time. FU is capable of 15k miles.

The Honda filters always come out looking good. Never had an issue.

The OEM Hyundai filters are Mahle. I was surprised. Made in Korea. I guess I will have to post pics about those eventually.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back