Edge users/LOVERS please step forward

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is the UOA that made me try Edge 5w-30 in my flashed 2.0 TSI...

Edge_7500mi_uoa.jpg

I like castrol motor oil. I start out with castrol 5w30 gtx, gtx high mileage, syntec on my 2006 camry v6. I am also using castrol synthetic blend on my pilot. it is very quiet. I am not an engineer. I believe castrol make the best motor oil. their formula are better than mobil 1.

Originally Posted By: MinusPrevious
2006 Lancer EVO / 407WHP/400TQ

Just installed EDGE 10W/30 / Fram XG9688 Filter
During the pour, certainly noticed the thinner nature of the EDGE. (Been running the Mitsubishi recommended M1)

Question. The EVO's oil spec is 10W/30. Have I made the right decision or should I have gone w/ a thicker version?

Thanks, Peace

Most turbo Subaru guys do not run oils as thin as Edge. Although, I've seen a couple of pretty good uoa's from a slightly modified Legacy GT and an STI. The STI had an uptick in lead when the oil was pushed over 7k miles.

I would definitely do a uoa.

-Dennis

I'm currently running 5W-30 Edge in my 4Runner and Highlander. I have 5W-20 Edge in my daughter's Focus.

FWIW, I was really impressed at how much quieter the engines were with Edge. Even my wife noticed how much quieter her engine was and commented about it. Now if she notices, then there is something to it. I've tried M1, PP, Syntec, and keep coming back to Edge.

My Tundra is still on factory fill and I have the free 2 year/25K maintenace plan. But at this time, when I get past that, my plan is to run 5W-20 Edge. If I could find 0W-20, I would run that.

Originally Posted By: Doug Hillary
Some Castrol lubricants (I can't devulge which) have not been "updated" for a very long time....

I was involved here in the physical takeover of Castrol by BP - it was not a nice time with many top Lubrication Engineers and others losing their jobs. Some valuable traditions were trashed then too! The bitterness still lives around the Globe!

Doug, someday you're going to have to sit down and write a book. I don't know if it would be on the NY Times bestseller list, but it would certainly be on the BITOG bestseller list.

Originally Posted By: demarpaint
Me too, hoping for it in 0W30. Currently using 0W20 and 5W30.

Edge 0w30 elsewhere in the world is our GC.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back