Edge OCI recomendation

Status
Not open for further replies.
How far would you go on Castrol Edge in a 06 Mustang GT, been going 5,000 with Motorcraft filter, a tad over 3 months. I am thinking about possible 10,000 in summer maybe cut back to 7,500 in winter. I have enough Edge for 2 more changes then I am switching over to probably PP or PeU, or possibly Edge if it goes back to rebate status, the oil has 4000 miles on it now and has a slight tint to it but it still pretty clear, seems like good oil.

Gator, are you running 5-30 in your 4.6? I have only run 5-20 MC semisyn or PP so far and have wondered about running edge but can only find it in 5-30. I have 5 quarts in my garage that i got when they had the awesome rebate and now hate to waste it on the wifes kid carrier.

I'm running M1 5W-30 in my '07 GT. So far nothing bad to report. You should be OK running Edge, just pickup one more quart first.

My 06 takes 6 qts, I'm running 5w30, I bought the Edge last year in the big rebate advance auto sale where it was like 26 dollars for 5 qts and a filter and then you would get a 15 dollar rebate. The only thing I hate about these Mustangs is the first time you crank it in the mornings the computer has the engine to rev up kinda high then it slowly comes back to a normal high idle, not sure why, It may be ok but I don't think it is good to immediately rev to 1500 or so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back