EcoPower motor oil?

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.ecopoweroil.com/
Guys, I just got a flyer in the mail today for 12.99/5qts and a fram filter. Please dont go off about the fram filter. Anyway they mention they use synthetic basestocks.Would this be a gp 2+ or grp3. My point is that if it is a blend or synthetic it is probably a pretty good deal.

Last edited:
I found this, so i guess i answered my own question. They do mention synthetic basestocks though.

What if my vehicle requires synthetic oil? Can I use EcoPower?
EcoPower is not a synthetic. Follow the vehicle manufacturer's recommendations when selecting motor oil.

What does a 5 quart jug of a major brand sell for at Walmart? I'm still from the old school and don't want to use recycled oil in my autos.

Below is from there website. The first section says every bit as good as conventional base stocks. Then the next sections is titled Advanced Synthetic Technology. Not sure im getting this.

Highest Quality Recycled
Exceptional purity and lubricating properties that are every bit as good as virgin, conventional base stocks

Advanced Synthetic Technology
Provides an extra measure of protection and performance under the most severe operating conditions

State-of-the-Art Performance Additives
Specially engineered to coat and protect metal surfaces and provide maximum protection against motor oil breakdown

I know this is not a major savings or anything. But if it truly takes 80% less energy, i would buy it. Im not a major tree hugger or anything but if i can save some energy for free i would. I dont mind using recycled, it come out of the ground as a nasty mess. The oil dont wear out so if it is cleaned properly it would be just as good. A good point would maybe be, if it only takes 40% the energy to make, how come it dont cost 40% the cost of regular oil. It dont seem like any savings are being passed along. Most major auto parts chains have the same 12.99 deals with regular pennzoil or castrol or something. Heck walmart is cheaper than this in the 5 qt jugs. Just wondering if they were a blend or maybe they have a really good add pack that would make it appealing

Originally Posted By: Johnny
What does a 5 quart jug of a major brand sell for at Walmart? I'm still from the old school and don't want to use recycled oil in my autos.

New school or old school it is far easier to make a quality oil from recycled oil. Why fear a superior baseoil?

I would love it if we started seeing 5qt jugs at WM for 5 or 6 dollars.

I bought a case of it a few months ago for my Explorer, and emailed the company to see if they made a synthetic version for my turbo Volvos; a representative from the company replied that they do not make a syn version, but that the regular EcoPower is a syn-blend.

CCS Viscosity Cp @

EcoPower 10w30 -35C = 6000
PP 10w30 -30C = 4570
PP 5w30 -35C = 5150
PYB 10w30 -25C = 6170
PYB 5w30 -30C = 5800

Got to say, the ecopower looks closer to grp 3 or at least a blend

EcoPower 5w30 is Cp = 6200 at -30C

The 10w30 is thinner at -35 than the 5w30 at -30. I wonder if they messed up the data sheet

Maybe I missed it here, but where is this stuff sold at?

And jstutz, not to spend your money or anything, but it'd be awesome if you sent off a sample to Blackstone for a VOA. I'd love to see what's going on with this product...

I got a flyer that it was comming to Auto Zone for 12.99/ 5 qts and a fram orange filter. I would also like to see VOA, but i would probably get a UOA of one of my trucks first. If it was 10 dollars or something i would, but 30 is not for me.

Yep, and cleaned up for 80% less energy, you could sell it to AutoZone. I got the 80 from one of there websites. There numbers seem to be all over the place.

home_bg.jpg

Yea, i may try it as well. Seems like it should be a little cheaper if it costs so much less to make though.

I don't know why, but I love the bottles!

WM's up here sell S-K re-refined oil, but the bottles are ugly black things with 1970's-style labels on them! Bleh!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back