Echo GT1100 string trimmer wont start

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finally got my echo running good the last time I used it (carb adjustments) and now I went to use it the other day and it wouldn't start. The primer ball was empty, usually has gas in it, and when I pump it, I can see it suck fuel up the hose to the primer, but not into the ball itself and it used to do that. But when I remove the fuel cap, it releases pressure, so the ball seems to be working. I replaced all the fuel lines, the breather, the fuel filter, and the grommet in the tank last summer, and since it seems to hold pressure in the tank, I don't think there are any leaks. Any ideas?

Sounds like a dirty carb. There is a mesh filter screen inside the carb on the inlet side that can become clogged over time. If you carefully disassemble the carb and do not damage the gaskets or diaphragms you might get away with just cleaning the screen, and reassemble. A carb kit, and thorough cleaning would be better.
Compare the cost of the carb kit to a new carb. You might decide to replace the carb altogether. You have a Zama carb. Check their website for more info.

Pour some gas in the intake, does it even fire? If thats the case yeah, carb sounds muddled.

It looks like you didn't replace the ball/bulb. Perhaps it has a small leak or puncture and that's why it's empty and won't pull the mix all the way up into it? It should be full to run the engine I believe.

I replaced the ball last summer too. After I had replaced all the fuel lines and filters, I tryed starting it and the old ball split. Havn't had a chance to mess with it yet, maybe this weekend

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back