Early spring!

We've had the strangest winter of my entire life this year. I would guess less than 4" of snow total so far. Very odd for MN. high 40's low 50's this week, also extremely odd for this time of year.

Foolish people are saying we had no winter assuming it's over. Then I think back and remember getting 12" of snow mid April and disagree.

I’m a few hours away from there, I may have to go at least once…
Lived 30 minutes away for 48 years and never went. Students from Indiana university made it an all night party in the 90s so now you ride shuttle buses to and from the site so you can be checked for alcohol etc. Drunk outside at night with temps in the teens sometimes not a good thing. The rodent lives in a glass enclosure in the side of the municipal building downtown except for this morning. BTW The movie wasn’t shot in Punxy, just a few scenery shots.

We had a terrible winter last year with record or near record snowfall in many parts of the state. This year the weather has been very nice and we are very happy so far. We have been about 20 degrees over the average temperature the last week or so.

We had a terrible winter last year with record or near record snowfall in many parts of the state. This year the weather has been very nice and we are very happy so far. We have been about 20 degrees over the average temperature the last week or so.
Yeah we were pummeled last year with insane amounts of snow. This year North/South Dakota's along with MN have been in kind of a dead zone for weather. A big V shaped channel has gone across the US bringing storms that we've been lucky to be outside of.

Some of our coastal mountain sides and hills are already covered all yellow with mustard flowers and I see large clusters of poppies by the side of the road. We had a few warm days.

i live in the Boreal forest zone and i am wondering where is winter this year. i have never experienced this in my 50 years existence. ice fishing season has officially been canceled yesterday in many spots in my area. there is not much snow and temperatures above zero celcius will be here in a few days. we are supposed to be experiencing -35 celcius and many feet of snow this time of year. i am a bit scared. this is not normal. Montreal has not seen one single -20 celcius this year. coldest in Montreal was -17 celcius. our maple sap harvest season is going to be ruined. not enough snow and too warm.

I put in some drain tile in early December. Then a Polar freeze, Now putting in some more tile in the back yard. Suppose to be another polar freeze end of the month here in central Illinois.

It's so mild here in central Illinois I'm doing early spring dirt work. Putting in some more drain tile and I have small trees to transplant, sod to dig up.

Rain barrel drain.jpg

Back