EaO44 Cut open (~13K miles ASM 0W-20)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gasket Dimensions of PCX-004: OD 2.5", ID 2.0". The best match for PCX-004 in filter size and gasket is EAO20 and the oversize is Ea036.

Pablo - the EaO44 looks like a good replacement (oversize) filter for the Ea013 on my Nissan Maxima?

What do you think?

EAO36 is much larger than the EAO44 and works fine on Hondas as long as there is clearance. I have used it on Accords and Civics without fail since 1994.

Amsoil Tech Support recommended the 36 to me 16 years ago when they weren't under the liability blanket they are today.

I am a lifetime Amsoil Dealer, they work just fine.

Pablo is correct the EAO44 has the greater total volume compared to a EAO36 check those specs again.

That being said I cannot use a EAO44 do to a clearance issue with the OD being so large. I have to use the EAO36 for my car which is just sligtly less volume then the EAO44.

Originally Posted By: zloveraz
Pablo - the EaO44 looks like a good replacement (oversize) filter for the Ea013 on my Nissan Maxima?

What do you think?

You will have to measure and compare/fit check yourself.

Folks - the EaO36 is too long for the new gen. Odyssey.

That's what my Amsoil filter looked like after 3 years and 13K miles as well. Could have run it a couple more years.

Originally Posted By: zloveraz

What do you think?

The EaO44 filter fits just perfectly on my 2005 Altima with the 3.5L V6. I've used it a few times already on my car.

Since you have the same engine, I'd assume that you would have the same good luck as me, but make sure you have a back up filter just in case it ends up not fitting properly. It's pretty much the same height as the EaO13, but it's fatter. The O.D. of the EaO44 is just about the same as the oil cooler that lies beneath your oil filter (just to give you a rough idea of its size).

Originally Posted By: Pablo
You are 100% on your own when choosing an oversize filter. Amsoil warranty will not cover you, nor will I.

For practical purposes 9 vs. 13 PSID. Not sure that makes a HUGE difference.

Agreed and agreed. No dispute on the warranty issue (or lack thereof). I also agree that there isn't much of a difference in bypass setting, but a difference nonetheless...

Just thought I'd post that up there for people to see when making decisions to move to non-recommended / oversize filters. The EaO12/EaO13 filters have the exact same bypass as the EaO44, which is largest by volume in 20mm thread. The EaO20 and EaO36 have higher by-pass settings by comparison.

Darn...have been using the EaO44 on our Odysseys (2002 & 2003) for a number of years, and it no longer appears on the AmSOil website. After conferring with our own Pablo, he has found that it is now discontinued due to low sales volume. :-(

Back to using the Ea15K20 filters, which are still great filters. :)

OF

Originally Posted By: labman
Doesn't look like it has that many pleats. However, there is more to filter quality than sqin media. BITOG is a tough audience.

It uses synthetic media, which is depth loading and more "plush". It doesnt need as many pleats as paper.

Originally Posted By: il_signore97
The EaO44 filter fits just perfectly on my 2005 Altima with the 3.5L V6. I've used it a few times already on my car.

The gasket dimensions don't match. I don't know how you're getting it to work.

EA15K12 Ford (92-97), Honda (00-11), Infiniti/Nissan (95-10), Mazda SLUBE
2.577 2.685 20X1.5 MM Attached 2.475 2.173 .233

EAO44
Dodge Monaco (91), Eagle (88-92), Jeep (87-93) SLUBE
3.812 3.663 20X1.5 MM Attached 2.834 2.462 .200

^^^ Most filter mounts have a pretty wide base/seat, so it can take filters of varying diameters as long as the gasket is sealing well on the mount.

^^^ Ah......I see now. Thank you sir.
56.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back